I Quit

I Quit

A Poem by Tania Leigh
"

Ever have a day like this?

"

 

I finally lost my temper today

and said all of the things I wanted to say

to all of the people that had dared cross me,

and I laughed when they looked disbelievingly.

 

I conveniently lost my memory

and forgot all the things I’m supposed to be;

I was living in the moment for once in my life,

forgetting I’m a daughter, stepmother, and wife.

 

I seem to have lost my way somehow,

for there is no direction in the here and now.

I’m testing the old theory that ignorance is bliss;

look carefully at me, do you see something amiss?

 

I’ve finally gone and lost my mind,

and it is not something I desire to find.

I hereby resign from life’s venomous fray;

I’m halfway to insanity, and here is where I think I'll stay.

© 2008 Tania Leigh


Author's Note

Tania Leigh
Yes, I know the syllable count isn't right on, but I......don't......care lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good effort with the syllable count! It is not always about getting it exactly right! Lol.

This reminds me of the new cell phone commericals with the unlimited minutes. Maybe you can sell them a license for this poem for their next commercial! I think that it is Verizon! "I now have unlimited minutes! I want to tell off everybody that I know! Screw you, too!"

Peace and love,
Gabe


Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A really great concept. Which I think everyone will love, because honestly who hasn't considered just quitting all the acting, and dogma, and patience and all those other social cues that are expected of us? How much easier would it be to let things go and just.......... In simple words "not having to give a &%$#@".
The poem has a very smooth flow a great message and a convincing ending. Great Job, loved it :)


Posted 9 Years Ago


Great, a funny honest poem not filled with obscure imagery but warm and endearing.Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


LOL
literally
I was laughing out loud after about the first line of this. Totally wish I could just drop everything and go crazy, too lol. Have fun in your trip through inSanity :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


And that's just what I did!!! I quit for a while to get my life back together...it's as if you've been inside my head with this poem. I'm not interested in the syllable count, the poem is personal and confronting...and FANTASTIC!!!

Sorry for taking such a very long time to respond Tania

Hugs, Mystic

Posted 15 Years Ago


Quite restrained for someone who's had enough! Apart from the odd syllable count that does make you sound a little� demented - haha! Lovely to be reading your writing again, Tania.

Posted 15 Years Ago


i've been saying this almost everytime i get rejected.. and it feels good when you understand its simple meaning.. "dont push further"...

I'm halfway to insanity, and here is where I think I'll stay.... love this line... it has the feeling of resolve and quiting, realizing, and self-actualizing. great piece!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
pal
wonderful feeling.. for once.. just be oneself..
pal

Posted 15 Years Ago


Great job! I like the fact you rhyme your stanzas as well, too many people no longer do that, and this poem flows so well. It's kinda a playful, humurous type of poem, I do nt' know if that's what your intentions were, but it was fun to read, for me. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Great rhythm, the act of wanting to quit is something we can all identify with. I remember the time my last boss acted like a jerk and I decided quiting that job would never get easier. I had been thinking about it for some time but that was the last straw. All my co-workers understood and most were sad to see me go. Kodos to you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hilarious, you could've called it "everyone else is fired". A mentor of mine once said "let's get something clear, ignorance isn't bliss, there is bliss and there is ignorance, but ignorance is just ignorance". It also reminds me of "in order to find yourself you must first lose yourself" or "in order to know who you are you must also know who you are not". And if they take us all away, hopefully we'll live close together, like the skull pushing through the soil on "Return of the Living Dead"... "Paaarrrttyyy!". It's a great thing that "fray" and "insanity" also makes a rhyme like"insanitAy". Bravo for your feet touching the ground when the kite got away...welcome to insanitAy. By the way do the Cafe's half way to insanity close early?
Robin

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1958 Views
88 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 11 Libraries
Added on March 20, 2008
Last Updated on March 20, 2008

Author

Tania Leigh
Tania Leigh

NH



About
4/7/08 When my "Phobia" contest is completed April 18th, and winners have been chosen and notified, I'll be leaving the cafe indefinitely to focus on my family, as well as my first book and website. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Finally Finally

A Poem by Natalie C