Divebomb.

Divebomb.

A Poem by Thomas Roarty
"

Inspired by a failed friendship. I tried to tell the story with constant referance to a flying pilot lost in a storm. Enjoy!

"
The aim is true, the signals are weak. Such pilots would be disgusted. We flew so high together above the clouds of doubt.

A torrent of raging storm seeks to bring down our combined efforts, we ripple outwards, I shift uneasily in my squalor trying to piece together the falsehood of what once was.

(Out with the old?)

No. Silent screams fill the head of the dreamer. The sky turns from radiant blue to a stunning red. A triangle. The deadly triangle. We fly onwards without care nor temptation. Shall this be the crash course? Am I the mannequin? A ragdoll spaceman, we are sent to die in the name of a test. Fear drills its way deeper into the dreaming mind. I fly blissfully unawares of the horror boring down into the floating passion of flight.

The trangle faces me. I sense no fear or animosity. Merely accepting the flightpath I soldier on.

Ashes. Total black. The sky is dying, the engines upon the wings of my desires fail, a lack of air? A lack of love? I struggle with my restraints to find the ejector button.

No, this cannot be escaped. The triangle draws closer. Its foul breath ensnares me, I am within the grasp of death. The umbilical bond we shared has been severed by this entity.
To think you could have stopped this storm so easily, but selfishness was your game. My demise is your gain.

I am trapped. No Exit. No escape. No ejection. This is a home you have built for me on this day. Perhaps the storm between us will clear like it once was long ago?


No.

© 2011 Thomas Roarty


Author's Note

Thomas Roarty
I hope the "Bermunda Triangle" referance works well for you readers :)

Tell me your interpretations and, as always, constructive crits only!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice work

Posted 13 Years Ago


I adore all the imagery in this poem. It is a pandora's box of creativity, illusion and emotions.
Magnifique! =D.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

361 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 10, 2011
Last Updated on January 10, 2011

Author

Thomas Roarty
Thomas Roarty

Glasgow, Lanarkshire, United Kingdom



About
Hello! My name is Thomas. I am sixteen years of age and I have just began writing for personal pleasure, I hope you enjoy my works :) I'm not 100% positive on how to define my works. Thus far they se.. more..

Writing
Dig. Dig.

A Poem by Thomas Roarty