Gone

Gone

A Poem by Tobias H. Reese
"

This piece was used as a script bearing the same title, performed by Alexandra Rieloff, scored by yours truly and produced via Chasing Venus Media group.

"

GONE
by tobias h. reese

she ran and ran in vain to catch the last flight before it taxied onto the runway.

Terminal one, terminal two…thirteen…faster twentythreetwentyfour.

 

she hadn’t meant it.

 

biting his tongue, he had let her have the last words…

 

she hadn’t meant it.

 

he stuffed his whole lot of nothing overhead…

sat between a stranger and an empty seat

 

at the gate

a torn ticket in both hands..

she cried out..

but those last words (she beggedtocome back) had burned away

 

 

Silently screaming shefellupon the floor.

now there was just the surge of jet engine roar-

 

there was no way in Hell they were letting her on that plane..

© 2016 Tobias H. Reese


Author's Note

Tobias H. Reese
I write in the land of metaphor, a world of symbolism and unrestrained abstraction governed by a hypothetical thought process and rhetorical sense of understanding.
If ever you feel the need to remark to me "I know how you feel" or something of that nature, please refrain as you aren't understanding the nature of what I've written at all.
It should never be assumed my art is personal.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

So emotional and intense. I loved the way you paint pain and the entire structure in this. You cram words together and space or so perfectl. You really tell the reader what speed to experience the scene in.. great piece.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tobias H. Reese

8 Years Ago

I appreciate your time in reading, your comments and sincerely wish you a great year ahead.
:.. read more
oh no, I feel for her...poor lady, just too late. we all have said things we regret...but I can really feel the urgency here because you don't want that to happen and have someone be leaving. you are really up a creek then if you care for the person. enjoyed this, wanted to read on.

Posted 8 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Tobias H. Reese

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and commenting. :-) Happy New Year.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

374 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 17, 2015
Last Updated on January 4, 2016
Tags: despair, regret, loss, grief

Author

Tobias H. Reese
Tobias H. Reese

Mebane, NC



About
Tobias H. Reese is an artist. His primary mediums are video, music composition, prose, sound-paintings, photography and filmmaking comprised from each of the above. He is a luthier (instrument maker) .. more..

Writing
No. No.

A Poem by Tobias H. Reese