That One Memory

That One Memory

A Story by lauren emily
"

This is just a writing exercise I decided to give myself

"

  "I thought my way of thinking was different; I thought it wasn't the same as everyone else's. But, boy, was I wrong!

  "I didn't know how this happened to me, I still don't. I don't think I will ever figure out the mystery of the-" I stopped, knowing that if I said anymore I would give away the whole story.

   I looked around at fifteen curious eyes staring up at me attentively and smiled. They were all a part of Mrs. Licoln's first grade class, and I was here to tell them my story.

   "Oh please go on, Emmy!" A little girl with bouncy red curls hanging loosely against her shoulders squeeled. She then blushed deep scarlet as her teacher shot her a look of disappointment. "I mean, Miss Emma." That's what everyone was calling me lately. Miss Emma. How formal.

    I smiled at her, "Of course I will. I just had to stop there because I knew if I said anymore I would give away the whole story. And what fun would that leave you guys with? I'd take away all the suspence!" I laughed and heard giggles echo around me. 

    I tried to concentrate and focus on the story and not the buzzing noise that my head was making as I heard everything around me.

   "Where was I? Ah yes, the very beginning of course! That's always the best place to start. Alright, so it started like any other day. Kinda boring at first, but then I decided to take a walk over to my best friend Crystal's house. We were just sitting and talking when-" I let myself dift, letting my memory take over all of the space in my head. I began drowning out any noise around me and focused only on that one memory.

© 2008 lauren emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

even for an exercise this was pretty good, when i saw how short it was i was like "whoa" but by the time i was at the end i was like "WHOA! no keep going!"

if you ever feel like finishing this up, i would sure be a happy camper.

even in the little details about the girl you add something to the way the story is. The feel of it is almost, i don't know, professional i guess i would say. With a few short paragraphs you are able to draw the reader in and make them want more.

Keep this up.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I can definitely see how you labeled this an 'exercise.' I'm a big fan of the warmup sessions myself, when I just can't put out a lengthy string of work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


For a "writing excercise", I'd say this is alright.
I can say that I do a fair bit of those, just to get myself going, as I hardly finish things.
Anyhow, for something to stretch your connection to words, I liked this.

--vk

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 15, 2008

Author

lauren emily
lauren emily

Long Beach, CA



About
Why 'ello there! Thanks for stoppin' by. My name is Lauren (previously my screen name was TwilightReader) and I'm 16. I love writing, good food, fast cars, interesting people, cemeteries, photograp.. more..

Writing