The Lady Of The Bridge

The Lady Of The Bridge

A Story by Bound In Red

Marie: December 24, 2013. 2:00 A.M. One year later…

 

         She sat there in a blackened daze on the couch of her house that her fiancé and his brother all lived together in. She sat there alone as her heart raced, reliving the last few seconds of her maker’s life out on the bridge that was no more than a mile away from their house.

“If only I had been just a second faster…” She thought to her self as the memory started while the clock signaled that it was the anniversary of his death.

The snow was blowing with a fierceness that would chill anyone to the bone. Everything was covered in either thin, smooth black ice or thick clear ice that made icicles on every hanging thing. It all reflected the lights of the city, making the world sparkle with a deathly beauty.

Amazing how she remembered the ice… Everything seemed to look grey to her anymore when she thought about anything that wasn’t her boys or her daughter.

She was driving her navy blue mustang back home to Amel and Maki. She was seven months pregnant at the time. As she was turning onto the bridge that connected the island of Manhattan to the rest of New York, she saw a shaking and black form against the rest of the sparkling grey world around her, standing on the railing and holding onto a support cable with one hand. He was standing there on the railing of the bridge looking down into the water.

Everything happened at once, she connected with his soul to see who he was, pulled over and got out of her car, and ran over to him holding her belly. As soon as she stepped out of her car, she hesitated by a split second from shock. This man, about to jump, was the man that was her maker, the one that had turned her into a vampire. The man she had let take everything from her. Mortality, virginity, money, to name a few.

Time slowed as she tried to run faster to save her maker. (Why was she doing this?) It seemed as if she was moving in super slow-mo, and he was moving in hyper speed. “Jonathan!” she screamed for him. He didn’t even flinch.

“As you wish my lady…” He whispered into the wind as he leaned over just barely, as if to get a better look at the water.

What happened next never made sense to her. He didn’t let go and jump, he didn’t slip and fall from the ice. He looked like he was pushed, hard, from behind as he leaned forward.

She reached to grab him, as he looked like he was pushed. She had been so close to saving him that she had felt the fibers on his shirt brush her fingers as he fell. (Was it a shirt or a jacket? She couldn’t remember anymore.) She watched her maker plunge into the raging, black water below that bridge. She stood there shivering and sobbing, her silver hair being whipped around her and glittery silver eyes running like faucets, until her tears had frozen on her face. She never remembered how she got home, but she did somehow…

 

Jonathan: December 24, 2012. 1:50 A.M.

        

         She just wouldn’t shut up this morning, no matter what he did to appease her. (Was it morning? Hell if he knew anymore.)

His lady in white called to him in her musical, yet childish and high-pitched coo. “Jonathan… Jonathan… Baby…? Don’t you want me to be happy at all?” That one hurt more than he would ever let her know. “Darling, can we please go outside? I’m so tired of being in here…” She whined again.

“Alright love, if it will make you happy.” He sighed and got up and grabbed a jacket from the end of his bed and headed outside. She giggled and smiled at the glittery world around them. He smiled brightly, showing a fanged grin. The wind whipped at his body, forcing his jacket open. She shook, making him shiver as well.
         This time of year was the worst for his lady. She might as well have been made of ice. Never warm, but just enough heat to stay alive in his mind. He let his mind wonder as she danced in the snow and ice.

Man, she may have been made of ice, but she was f*****g hot! Her hair for starters was silvery white and slightly curled that came down to her waist, with pale white and smooth skin to match. Then there were her eyes… The brightest blue anyone had ever seen, but get her worked up in any way they would flash a glittery silver. Pure beauty. But that body was something else. Something that belonged in a magazine, or his bed… He never wanted any other man to see her like he saw her right now, nor did he ever want her as bad as he did then. Thank god it was cold… He shook his head to clear it of those kinds of thoughts as she spoke into his mind again. “Jonathan, baby. I want to look at the water.” He walked over to the bridge and looked over the railing.

“I can barely see baby. Get up on the railing. I’ll hold you still.” She pleaded. So he did what she asked for and got up on the railing, holding onto one of the support cables, scared of slipping on the ice. She claimed that she still couldn’t see, so he leaned over some. “As you wish my lady…” The next was a blur.

She laughed menacingly. “I’ve been waiting for so long to do this. You know you wronged Marie, that’s why you can hear and see me. Her mortality. Who would have known that that part of human being was like a soul that could follow its taker? Marie was the best thing that happened to you and you destroyed her. That’s also why I’m always here. To torture you in a way to make you feel like you made her feel.” She whispered across his cheek. “Without you living, she can be free. I’ll make sure to ensure that happens.” She said and shoved him off and dived after him as the clocks around the city where all chiming two in the morning.

As he fell, he whispered into the wind, “As you wish my lady…” He fell not understanding why or how. He just fell. Head first into the water and died on impact from a blow to the temple from a rock beneath the roaring black water. The instant before he died, this was the only time he was with out his lady in white.

 

 

Amel: December 24, 2012. 2:00 A.M.

 

         He heard her scream and ran. He found her curled into a ball on the floor between the couch and coffee table shaking more than ever, screaming, and sobbing. “Baby girl?! Baby? It’s all right. What happened?” He held her close, rocking her frozen feeling body until she was calm enough to speak, but she was just worn out. “Come on baby girl. Let’s get you to bed. We’ll talk about it later.” He picked up his lady in white and carried her to bed.

© 2012 Bound In Red


Author's Note

Bound In Red
First Story I've ever written using characters from an rp of mine. Hope you like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really liked it. Are you going to add more? I love to write about vampires.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Bound In Red

11 Years Ago

If there are any good ideas with these two I will. and thank you for the review.
Marissa Brazzell

11 Years Ago

no problem

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 6, 2012
Last Updated on October 24, 2012
Tags: First story, Marie, Amel, Brigde

Author

Bound In Red
Bound In Red

Garrett, IN



About
SYLPH OF HEART ASYMMERTRICAL DERSE DREAMER all about me!!Created by cutiepie656 and taken 13520 times on Bzoink*Basics*name: Tanesha "Nesh" birthday: August 11, 1995 zodiac sign: Leo! where .. more..

Writing