For the Magic of Love

For the Magic of Love

A Story by Bound In Red

 

The day started as usual for Merlin. He awoke to the sun’s rays kissing the skin of his beloved wife lying beside him in their bedchamber of his personal castle. “Morgana, thou does needths to rise, as does the sun, my dearest love.” The daughter of the king swatted playfully at him, still wanting to be asleep. He loved that they behaved completely against the normal society rules for a couple. They treated each other as equals, no one side containing more dominance over the other; unless magic was brought into consideration, then Merlin was the more powerful one.

Morgana sat up with a smile and greeted her husband with a kiss, but then quickly pulled away with a green tint forming under her flushed face. Morgana held her stomach with one hand and covered her mouth with the other; before Merlin could say a word, she ran over to the chamber pot and vomited her non-existent breakfast.

This is how Merlin found out he would be a father for the second time after Mordred. He did not know; however, that this son would be the future king of England, and the even further future savior of Britain when it had reached its darkest hour.

Years pass happily for Merlin and his family. The boys grew up, as typical brothers tend to grow up together; they also took preference to separate parents. Mordred favored his mother and listened to more of the black magic teachings by Morgana; where as, Arthur favored his father and had a natural hand for the white magic that Merlin taught them.

As the two boys reach their teenage years, also their adulthood, Merlin watches as his firstborn son’s heart grows black with hatred for his brother and his uncontrolled power for his soon-to-be kingdom goes haywire. The day of Mordred’s fourteenth birthday arrives, so does news from the castle. “Merlin! Merlin!” the pageboy yells as he comes running up to him.

“What is it thee need boy?” Merlin asks.

“It tis king! He groans of death riding to come and collect him! We must prepare your firstborn for the throne!” He announces hurriedly.

“Calm boy. Go back and tell them that he has been prepared for his rule.” Merlin says as he sends the boy away.

Merlin goes to his secret laboratory with all of his magical supplies later that night. “I must find a way to keep our land in peace! If Mordred is put on the throne, all of England will fall!” Merlin thinks to himself. “But how…?” He questions himself in a whisper. A thought occurs to Merlin. “No! I couldn’t ever find the strength to do that to my son…” Merlin murmurs under his breath. He thinks about the situation and tries to find a different way to get Arthur on the throne. “But there seems to be no other way… Mordred must be slain.” Merlin explains to the air around him. For the rest of the night, Merlin devises a plan to rid England of his son. “By earth’s first light, I shall have my own blood upon my hands.” Merlin decides as he finds his way to horrid a sleep land.

As the sun rises over the land the next morning, Merlin awakes with tears still in his eyes from the task in front of him on this bleak day. As everyone still is fast asleep for a few short hours, Merlin creeps in to Mordred’s bedchamber. Stifling back tears, Merlin draws a dagger out of its sheath with a shaky hand. He raises it above his boy’s heart. Merlin sends up silent cries of mercy to the Lord, begging him to take Mordred’s soul into heaven and to forgive Merlin for what he is doing.

Mordred wakes just in time to watch his father plunge the dagger deep into his chest, allowing a red river to quickly flow from the wound. Mordred is able to gurgle out his finally words before death takes him away, “Father… W-why…?”

Merlin sobs over his son’s body for a few minutes and then jumps as Morgana screams behind him. “What happened?! My baby boy!” She cries as she runs over to her son’s body.

“Morgana… You have to know that I had too. His heart grew blacker everyday. He was going to use his powers to destroy England!” Merlin sobs, trying to explain himself.

“He is our son Merlin!” Morgana exclaims.

“He was our son Morgana. Arthur will be on the throne now and he will save England from all of these villainous wars!” Merlin says, correcting her.

“I can’t be here anymore…” Morgana says solemnly as she turns to leave. Merlin let her go, for she knows that he is right.

Merlin watched her leave, also knowing that she would never return. He saw how his actions had broken her. But now, Arthur was fully able to be on the king’s throne. Merlin’s visions would come true. The visions of Arthur bringing England to peace and glory; which he did in his next few years of his life with his father right next to his side; facing his mother as she tried to avenge her first son’s death. Arthur always won his battles and saw England become peaceful.

© 2013 Bound In Red


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I hate yew. I love this. But I hate yew for doing this to me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Bound In Red

10 Years Ago

BABY COME BACK! YOU CAN BLAME IT ALL ON ME!
Kitten

10 Years Ago

No. F**k yew.
Bound In Red

10 Years Ago

You have to come closer for me to do that...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Added on November 1, 2013
Last Updated on November 1, 2013

Author

Bound In Red
Bound In Red

Garrett, IN



About
SYLPH OF HEART ASYMMERTRICAL DERSE DREAMER all about me!!Created by cutiepie656 and taken 13520 times on Bzoink*Basics*name: Tanesha "Nesh" birthday: August 11, 1995 zodiac sign: Leo! where .. more..

Writing