Why?

Why?

A Story by VassD
"

Anguish is the most acute when directed at the past.

"
He was so cold. 
He could feel his feet freezing through his shoes, but he didn't care. He couldn't care. 
His heart was gone. 
He stared out at the last place he had seen her. Where she had smiled at him just moments before she had been swept away. 
Why?
They had been so happy. For so long, his heart had ached for her, and for one blissful second, he had had her. 
But now she was gone. 
Swept away, because he hadn't caught her soon enough. He remember the look in her eyes as she was pulled further and further away from her, and he hadn't caught her. It was his fault. 
He fault she was gone. 
Gone beyond his reach. 
Beyond anyone's reach. 
Tears froze on their way down his cheeks as his heart screamed the word his mouth couldn't say. 
Why?

© 2012 VassD


Author's Note

VassD
Another flash fiction from the days of yore, although this one is not from the same story as the others. Because it contains spoilers for one of my two major stories, I'm not going to say which one. If you're up-to-date on the story, you'll get what's going on. Until then, I say nothing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on July 1, 2012
Last Updated on July 1, 2012
Tags: flash fiction, fantasy, loss, regret, blame

Author

VassD
VassD

A tiny random town-city-dimension, ID



About
I'm a fledgling author with dreams about as big as one of Robert Jordan's books. Maybe more than one on top of each other. I love writing fantasy and science fiction stories (No matter how long a piec.. more..

Writing
Synopsis Synopsis

A Chapter by VassD