Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by VincentRayne

Prologue

 

            A dream... It's a dream but it feels so life like. I can feel the area around me as if I’m really there. I'm in a world that is very much like our own. What I notice is that the world is made up mostly of two areas. Fire and ice. One area is cold and covered with snow, looking like the Arctic. The other area is made up of desert and is covered with sand like the Sahara. There are two castles, one in each place. There are people coming out wearing armor and look like they are ready for war. Both armies start charging and that’s when I realize I’m in the middle. Both kingdoms collide meeting each other halfway. I’m hunched down, whimpering for fear of dying as the sound of warriors yelling fill my ears. Then I look around. The ground starts to litter with the dead. Battle cries become screams of the defeated. A loud bugle is heard and both sides immediately stop their battle. Every starts stepping away. They are stepping away from me. I stand up, shaking in fear for what might happen until I see the warriors on both sides make a path for someone to come through. A king from each side comes to stand before me. Both men are large and their features showing the many battles they have been through while their eyes show the knowledge and experience every ruler should possess. Each king produced an orb from a pocket in their robes and held them out to me. One orb was a deep purple and the other was deep blue. Both glass orbs glowed and I could feel as if they held another world inside of them.

            “You must choose which one to take. You cannot have both.” The king of the ice lands told me.

            “Your decision will affect the whole world for you are a very important asset.” The King of fire said. “Will you have the world end in fire or in ice?”

            “Why do I have to choose?” I asked summing up my courage to speak in such a term to these large men.

            “Both sides will not be able to live in harmony. It is up to you to decide which is suitable for a new world. I took a step back shaking my head.

            “No, I can’t choose. I won’t. Not now.” The kings put the orbs away.

            “Very well.” The king of Ice began. “You do not have to choose now but the time will come when you will have to say which side will rein dominance.”

“What if I choose both?” Both kings looked as if the thought was inconceivable. I was sure that it had never been done before. The king of Fire stroked his straight, long white, beard.

“That is an act that has never been completed before. People that have tried have died in vain. You may try but know that this is not an easy task you ask for. If you die then both will continue to fight for another hundred years until you are reincarnated as another to once again make the decision that you must make now.” The kings and their men turned and started walking to their kingdoms. “Remember, the longer you wait the longer the war will rage on!”



© 2010 VincentRayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very intriguing. Love the descriptive and sensory detail. You really grab the reader and take them into your world. The dialog was impressive, but if I were you I would exchange the “He said” and “I said” for something more expressive, denoting tone change and the like. “He intoned” “ I spoke”
All in all great work, I’ll go along for the ride.
God bless : )


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Only read the italicized portion, but I like what I've read. Not to be presumptuous, but I'd like to suggest some small tweaks that would probably have a dramatic effect on your story.
What do you think about using 'a reflection of the arctic' instead of 'looking like the arctic'? And maybe you might like 'two castles occupy their contrasting surfaces, one on each side. And inimical warriors stream from them, racing to collide.'
Just thinking. But you have some serious talent.


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very intriguing. Love the descriptive and sensory detail. You really grab the reader and take them into your world. The dialog was impressive, but if I were you I would exchange the “He said” and “I said” for something more expressive, denoting tone change and the like. “He intoned” “ I spoke”
All in all great work, I’ll go along for the ride.
God bless : )


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow...love it! great start u have here! let me know when u poat the 1st chapter! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 26, 2010
Last Updated on July 26, 2010


Author

VincentRayne
VincentRayne

Los Angeles, CA



About
I'm pretty quiet and keep to myself most of the time but I don't mind expressing myself through creativity. I love drawing, writing, playing the guitar, bass, violin, and piano. I play video games as .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne