Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by VincentRayne
"

The recreation of the world

"

           “Zack, is Mom"?” He turned to Lara and tried to keep the tears from his eyes. The only thing that could do that would be an explosion. Other wise there wouldn’t have been a sound if the phone just died due to not being charged.

            Sakura stood up and started to walk towards the door. “Where are you going?” Lara asked. Sakura spoke as she unlocked the door’s bolts. That arsonist will be in this neighborhood soon. I don’t want to see him again and I doubt you want to either. When she opened the door she was blown back in by an unknown force into a wall. A man walked in and Zack gasped. It was the arsonist and he was just as Sakura described. He looked just like Zack. Lara rushed over to help Sakura. The arsonist moved his eyes to Lara. Zack saw and instinctively jumped at the person. The man was taken by surprise and was knocked over. Zack had the guy pinned and looked over his shoulder and yelling.

            “Lara, take Sakura and get out of here!”

            Zack could hear the man laugh. “Zack, you have no idea what’s going on.” Zack turned to the man. “How do you know my name?” Before the man could answer his question a woman appeared in the door. It wasn’t Zack’s mother but a red haired woman. She looked at Zack then back at the other man.

            “This is the kid you were talking about?”

            “Why, yes it is. Can’t you tell? He’s practically a mirror image of me.” Zack got off the man when he realized that Lara and Sakura were gone. He looked at the man with a puzzled look. “Are you saying that you are my father?” The man’s expression still held its serious look.

            “I’m not your father but I don’t have time to explain. Right now you must come with us.” The man started to reach out his hand but Zack slapped it away.             “I’m not going with you. You’re the arsonist that has been creating chaos all around the city and what about my sister and my friend.” The woman stepped up to Zack and held his cheek. He would have pushed her away as well except for the striking fact that this woman looked like his mother. Even her voice was calm and soothing like his mother’s.

            “Zack, I know this is sudden for you but you must believe us. These fires are not just happening in your neighborhood but the whole world. The fires are caused by special energies combining and then they spark a flame that catches fire to things easily.” Zack still had some doubt about what she said but for some reason he could believe her somewhat.

            “What about that guy and him shooting out fire from his hand?” Zack pointed to his look alike.

            “Oh, only one person saw that. She threatened to call the police but we were only looking for you. We meant no harm. Well, you will learn about all the details in due time but you must come with us.”

            “What about my sister and my friend?” The woman stared Zack in the eyes with an intense look. “Zack, what I’m about to tell you is not a joke and you must come with us. Your sister and your friend have a chance of escaping by themselves. I’ll make sure of it. Now, I’ll explain on the way if you will come with us.” Zack looked at the woman and man reluctantly.

            “Okay. But only if you promise that the other two are safe.” The woman let out a small smile once again reminding Zack of his mother. They exited the house and were walking at a brisk pace.

            “This world is going to evolve,” The woman began. “and form a new layer of itself. Zack, we are to hide safely underground until it is done and we will come back. Unfortunately, we don’t know how long that will be. It could be months, years, decades, or maybe even centuries before this planet is completely done remodeling itself.”

            A big explosion erupted somewhere down the street. The man looked at his watch. “Melissa, we don’t have much time left.”

            “How much is left?”

            “Thirty-four minutes.” Melissa turned back to Zack and looked him in the eye. “Please, you have to trust that whatever we do we only mean for the better. We want to save you. We are even risking our very own lives to do so.”

            “What about everyone else?”

            “They might make it. They might not. We don’t know more than we do now.” The man was yelling that they had thirty-three minutes left and they all burst into a run down the street. They heard a helicopter over head and some sirens not far off. The man looked at Melissa. She just nodded he head. The man stopped and turned towards the helicopter and the approaching police cars. Melissa grabbed Zack’s arm. “Just keep on going. He’ll catch back up. He’s never let me down.”

            After running for a few more blocks they came across a parking lot to a park. Melissa fumbled in her skirt pocket and pulled out a car key. She pressed the car alarm button to find their car and was rewarded with a blaring sound on the far side of the lot. They rushed to the car and unlock the doors. Zack climbed in the backseat of the car. Melissa search for the man before getting into the drivers seat. She started the car and was putting it in reverse when the man appeared at the passenger side opening the door.

            Before he closed the door Melissa was backing out of their parking space and was driving off and was really pushing the speed limit as not draw anymore attention. The ride was silent until they reached their destination. The man looked at his watch again for what seemed to Zack to be the twentieth time. “Five minutes and counting. We have no time to waste. Let’s move.” They all got out of the car when Zack realized that they were at a new and expensive looking facility. The man pulled out a card as they approached the door. He scanned the card and then punched in a code on a nearby keypad. The door opened and they stepped into the facility.

            It was just like the kind of facilities Zack saw in movies. Marble floors with steel walls and electronic sliding doors as well as expensive equipment all over the place from computers to microscopes. The man repeated the process he did at the entrance to a computer on the wall. When he was finished the wall slid to the side revealing a secret entrance to the underground area. Lights flickered on lighting the narrow stairway.

            The man went in first followed by Melissa and then Zack. When they reached the bottom it seemed to be a sleeping chamber. Zack saw that there were some people inside many of the chambers. Zack jumped when he heard a loud bang of the man kicking at one of the chambers.

            “D****t, they were supposed to get more people than this. Not even half of these chambers are filled up. I knew I couldn’t trust these people to do what I asked them to. All they did was try to save their own hides.” Melissa put a hand on the man’s shoulder.

            “I understand the anger you feel, Rican, but now is not the right time to express it. We must do this before time runs out.” Rican checked his watch then sighed. “Okay, you and Zack go first.” Melissa and Shadow kissed and then Melissa went to one of the chambers. “Zack, yours is next to mine. You go in first. The chambers are already preset.” Zack knew he couldn’t turn back now. He shuddered and then stepped inside the chamber.

            The chambers were turned so that the person inside them would be in somewhat of an upright position. “Sweet dreams, honey.” Said Melissa and then she closed the door. Zack could hear the hissing of the bolts locking smoothing into place. Then a gas was being released into the chamber. Zack instantly started to feel drowsy. As his eyes started to close he thought he could see his mother in the window looking back at him and a tear rolled down from Zack’s eyes.



© 2010 VincentRayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I wonder if the guy wasn;t Zack's father, then who is he and why does he look like him? I also wonder who this woman is too...oh well, I guess things will b revealed soon enough. what about my sister and my friend.-? I advise u to check ur puction on this and the previous chapters. They r just a few sentnces that need assitance.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I wonder if the guy wasn;t Zack's father, then who is he and why does he look like him? I also wonder who this woman is too...oh well, I guess things will b revealed soon enough. what about my sister and my friend.-? I advise u to check ur puction on this and the previous chapters. They r just a few sentnces that need assitance.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
1 Review
Added on July 27, 2010
Last Updated on July 27, 2010


Author

VincentRayne
VincentRayne

Los Angeles, CA



About
I'm pretty quiet and keep to myself most of the time but I don't mind expressing myself through creativity. I love drawing, writing, playing the guitar, bass, violin, and piano. I play video games as .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne