Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by VincentRayne

Zack sat up with beads of sweat rolling down his forehead. He thought about all that had happened but then realized he was in his bedroom. He could also smell the sweet aroma of breakfast down stairs.

            Was it all a dream? But it looked and felt so real. He got out of bed and put his clothes on. Even as he walked down stairs the dream was still on his mind. When he got down stairs he saw that no one was around.

            “Hello? Is anyone here?” That would be weird if mother was gone. She never leaves food unattended. The television was on the news. Zack looked at it and instantly felt uneasy. A news reporter was talking about arson fires that had broke out in the city.

            Zack took the remote and switch off the television. He turned off the stove and headed out side but when he did he saw that there was no one around. No people or cars in site. The neighborhood was dead quiet.

            “Where is everybody?” He said to himself.

            “There gone.” Zack jumped at the sudden reply behind him and was surprised when he saw that it was Melissa and Rican. It was Melissa’s voice that spoke.

            “Zack, this world will change as you know it. It will completely regenerate itself. Just like a lizard or snake shedding its skin to give it a new. It will also feel cleaner. Like new.”

            “What about us?” Zack spun around to face his mother, sister, and his friend, Sakura.

            “Is Zack supposed to leave without us? Are you going to leave us to die while you save him?” Rican held out his hand towards the crowd and Zack saw fire starting to form in it. Zack stepped in front of Rican.

            “Stop! What are you doing? Don’t hurt them!” Despite his pleas Melissa grabbed Zack and pulled him out of Rican’s way. Zack was forced to watch as a pillar of fire shot from Shadow’s hand and enveloped Zack’s friends and family. The screams were cut short as Rican closed his hand and the fire dissipated leaving nothing but ashes where the people Zack cared for were just standing. Zack felt tears rolling down his cheeks and felt an intense rage build up inside him. Zack pulled himself and started pounding on Rican’s chest. Zack felt intensely weak for an unknown reason. Suddenly the arsonist and the woman disappeared in a misty haze. Zack fell to his knees and put his hands to his head. “What is this, a nightmare? Why do I have to envision this? I want out. I don’t want to stay here anymore.”

            “Is that your true desire?” Zack turned his head towards the light accented voice and saw that it was a girl with black short hair trimmed around her jaw line. Despite the hot weather the girl wore a black sweater with a long black skirt. “Is that what you truly desire, Zack?”

            “Yes, I do.”

            “Why do you not want to see the truth? Does it hurt you so? This is what your mind truly thinks of how things are.”

            “But how do you know? Why does my mind portray the two people as my enemy?” The girl put her hand to Zack’s cheek. “Your mind thinks of the two people that rescued you as bad people for leaving your friends and family behind.”

            Zack began to cry thinking of all that has happened. The girl took Zack in her arms and rested his head on her shoulder. She seemed to be around Zack’s age. “This one knows how you feel. This one can help you but only if you want this one’s help.” The girl put her hands on Zack’s shoulders and looked him in the eyes. Her metallic silver iris showed no pupil but then Zack noticed the black outlining the iris. Zack thought that was her pupil and then felt a chill run down his spine as the girl seemed to be searching the very depths of his soul. “Will you accept it and face reality in its dark and light phases?”

            “Y-yes, I do.” The girl relaxed her gaze and a small smile played across her clear and cut features.

            “Then you must open your eyes.” Zack gave the young woman a puzzled look.

            “But they are open.” Zack was partly surprised to find his voice was getting as soft as hers. It was as if her being there brought him comfort.

            “Not your eyes here but your eyes in reality’s world.” He tried but found he couldn’t wake up from his nightmare. “Do you want this one’s help?”

            “Please. I can’t seem to wake up.” The process seemed rather embarrassing. He knew it was a dream but it felt like he was making himself look silly in front of an actual person.

            “Well, then…” She stood up and took a step back. Zack got up as well.        “May I ask what are you doing?”

            “This one is going to help you wake up...The forceful way.” Zack gulped.

            “If you’re going to do something that I think you’re going to do--”

            “Then you will do nothing. You asked for this one’s help so this one will help you.” She clasped her hands together and slowly brought them apart. In between them a sword was forming. Zack instinctively jumped back. The girl brought the sword up above her head and was preparing to swing.

            “Whoa, stop! Hold on!” The girl stopped and a puzzled look appeared on her face.

            “I thought you said you wanted this one’s help. So why do you stop this one?”

            “I just don’t like the thought of a sword cutting me in two. I know it’s not real but...you know? Is there any other way?”

            “Well, this one can think of one more way.” Zack blinked and they were suddenly on a high building.

            “What now? What are we doing up here?”

            “This one thinks you know why.” By the time Zack realized that he was on the edge of the building and that the girl was behind him he felt her push him off. Zack went falling down screaming with the concrete below fast approaching him.



© 2010 VincentRayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ok, that's creepy! and the girl is gwtting on my nerves always saying "this one" and who is Shadow? Also outside is one word and There gone.”-they're

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Added on July 28, 2010
Last Updated on July 28, 2010


Author

VincentRayne
VincentRayne

Los Angeles, CA



About
I'm pretty quiet and keep to myself most of the time but I don't mind expressing myself through creativity. I love drawing, writing, playing the guitar, bass, violin, and piano. I play video games as .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne