Faces

Faces

A Poem by The StoryTeller
"

This is me... and my War.

"
We all have faces inside of us...
Dark faces.
Light faces.
Twisted faces.
Kind faces.
One and two.
Two and three.
Three and four.
Any number of them.

Mine like to fight. Nuevo... the new me. The one I'm becoming... he's always at war with Spike... my past me. And in the middle of it all is the negotiator, the one that is a little of both... Blade. Those are my main three.

Nuevo is the resilient, strong, kind, helpful, caring, positive me, that works out, and so many other things. The one I've just started being about a year ago.

Spike is the gang banger me, the druggie me, the angry me, the violent me, the cutter me, the class cutter me, the fighter me, the dangerous me, the rapper me, the in pain me, the fucked up me... the one I've been the longest, nearly all my life.

Blade is in between, the one I am whenever I don't want to be either and I'm neither... sort of like Greek/Roman gods... how they got split between their two personalities, and was either one, or the other, or some conflicted unable to do anything in between one. He's always existed, because even before either Nuevo or Spike existed, there was pieces of them floating around that formed what they are now.

Nuevo is a warrior, a leader, a soldier, a general, a helper, a lover, a symbol, a hero, good.

Spike is an assassin, a Pain Bearer, a Pain Dealer, a killer, someone that hurts everyone else around him, a villain, evil.

Blade is both... just like Tech N9ne said: EBAH. Evil Brain, Angel Heart.

It feels like I'm in a constant battle between the three of these sources... these faces... these sides. And what scares me more than anything else in this world is...

I don't know which one is going to win.

© 2015 The StoryTeller


Author's Note

The StoryTeller
I don't... I don't know who will win... I sure to God hope it's Nuevo, but so many days I feel like Spike, and he's always watching... that darker part of me, that part I've talked about in my raps, my Evil Twin. And I can't sit indecisive as Blade, because eventually, one of them will need to win, the other will have to die, and Blade as he is now will cease to exist and will become whichever one survives.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was so raw and honest. You put a whole different perspective on how we view our own characteristics and goal beings. You're extremely self-aware and I find it inspiring. Either way, thanks for letting us see the passionate talented side of you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Having multiple faces are a means of survival. It smooths out our day and protects us.
The war between these faces is in essence human nature. It's a balancing act we strive to perfect, though we falter here and there.


Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

So true Cruz! Thank you for your view! And yes, that is what I am trying to do now... trying to star.. read more
I liked the poetry.
"It feels like I'm in a constant battle between the three of these sources... these faces... these sides. And what scares me more than anything else in this world is...
I don't know which one is going to win."
You create thoughts and possibilities. We are many faces and can be many people. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Yep, we all have them, I'm just having trouble balancing mine out, and it's this endless war that I'.. read more
No one can honestly say they have only one face. Each and every being in this world relies on a number of faces to get them through their lives. Yes, some of us may stick with a certain face for long periods of time, but somewhere along the way we depend on the different parts of ourselves to get us through. Light/dark, outgoing/withdrawn, happy/sad, warrior/coward or any combination of our personality traits and emotions, we battle for life. Some of us are simply good at balancing them. In time I imagine you will learn to do the same. Keep up the great battle and the creative writes.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Thank you, I will, and I'm glad you liked it. I'm working on trying to balance them out now...
Great idea for a poem!
Well done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I'm glad you liked it, it's true.
This one's a good read my friend. These faces will always be inherent. We just need to balance them well. Surely, every situation will need an appropriate face, so we could survive. A face may have to win at that very moment. However, there will certainly be another competition with different a criteria. Goo piece! I really enjoyed it. ;-)

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Lol, so you liked the song? And yeah, I was just interested in the board at that moment.
Lavender Soya

9 Years Ago

Yeah, t'was entertaining and catchy. hahahahaha
The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Very much so!
This is really interesting but you will always be them all you may end up being one more then the other but they will all still be in you. You can choose to over power one or choose to let it over run you, it's you choice. Only you can change it

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Yep, I know, I just hope I can beat down Spike enough that even though he's with me he barely ever s.. read more
Hmmm this is quite interesting, Blade. what I got from it is that every human in the world is always in a state of war, not just physical wars that are destroying millions of life but also the inner war, the war within ourselves. this inner war, like you've described here, has a stronger, long-lasting effect and it really depends on us, on our willingness to endure the pains in battling against our darker face. well, I don't know how I should say it but I hope you'll win in the end, to be the person God has designed you to be.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I agree, because I know I'm not the only one who feels this, even if it seems that way. I hope that .. read more
jonah

9 Years Ago

anything is possible with Him, that's true. I agree. however, we have to stick to His plan whatever .. read more
The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I agree, and that's why I try to do whatever I feel him calling me too. Several of my works, includi.. read more
very interesting work. The style is so entertaining to read and Im always glad to read it

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I'm glad you liked it, and it just feels so true, y'know? Like there is this war going on inside of .. read more
It's like the story (the name is escaping me) about the two wolves inside of you. Whichever one you feed is the one that will survive. So if you're always focusing on the negative and past, you'd feel the "bad" (not necessarily BAD bad) wolf winning, but if you focus on the good things you're feeding the good wolf. I don't know if you can relate to that or not...And honestly, the books and music that I listen to play a big part too. I'm cheering for Nuevo, and I'm pretty sure God is too. =)

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Yeah, I know the story. :) It's really just me trying to change, it's just the feelings and the thin.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

777 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 11, 2015
Last Updated on February 11, 2015

Author

The StoryTeller
The StoryTeller

The place of life and happiness., OH



About
I'm changing my name from The Resilient One to The Storyteller and trying to start fresh... believing in myself, believing in others, making this new personality I want to have... I guess I was alread.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by The StoryTeller



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by The StoryTeller