Misheard, Misued, Mistakes

Misheard, Misued, Mistakes

A Story by A. V. Madison
"

An event that happened in my life. Nonfiction.

"

"I'll call you tonight, okay?" He words had barely left his lips before I nodded.

"Yeah. I'll have my phone on ringer." He smiled that smile that was always hard to resist. The one when he lifted the right corner of his mouth up just a little- just something that could suffice as a grin. Maybe it was just anxiety, watching me go. Perhaps he thought a goodbye wasn't enough. I never had the courage to ask him.

I never had the courage for a lot of things.

"You liar," He chuckled, shaking his head to the left to get the curly brown locks out of his eyes. His sapphire blue eyes.

"How am I a liar?" I chuckled along with him, placeing my arms on top of his shoulders. He stood about six inches taller than me, but when I stood tip-toe I could put my arms there.

"Because you always have your phone on silent." I thought back to those many times he'd reached in my back pocket and took my phone, just to go through my texts to see if I was talking about him. Which I always was.

"I'm scared you know that." I smiled. I glanced down at my Converses, remembering how all of my friends thought him and I were over- and we weren't.

I could hear my mom shouting my name from down the street, and I quickly recoiled my arms, remembering their rule about boys.

"I should go." I went over and picked up my phone from the sidewalk.

"See ya." He started walking towards his house.

 

I wasn't at home more than an hour before I realized I had left my keychain at his house. I got my sandals on and started jogging back over to his house.

I started to cut across the lawn, like I did every time I visited his house. I happen to glance in his window, just to make sure he was there.

A girl was sitting on his lap, kissing him. My heart plunged to the ground.

"Coray..." I whispered as I began to cry. I turned around and starting sprinting back to my house, "You can have the keychain..." I whimpered as I went into full-blown bawling.

 

I vowed that he could never have my heart again.

© 2012 A. V. Madison


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I absolutely don't believe in cheating. But, I do believe in second chances. Yeah, he did mess up big time, but that doesn't mean he will do it again, does it? Don't hurt yourself. I have no idea what the future holds, but I hope he doesn't do it again. Be strong, don't cry. I know their is something special inside of you that holds you up, no matter what!

Posted 11 Years Ago


MADDIE IMMA GET A GUN AND SHOOT THAT BOY IN THE HEAD. WHERE HE LIVE? WHAT'S HIS NUMBER? ! SOMEONE'S GONNA DIE!

Posted 11 Years Ago


♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

*slowly puts down the axe she was holding* ok...but don't get hurt again Maddie. Don't.
A. V. Madison

11 Years Ago

Nah, it didn't work out. Don't fret, wifey. I'm all yours xD
♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

Woot woot!
Sometimes I just want to take men and shake some sense into them. Why do they do these things? Don't feel that you did anything wrong, some men just do this because they think they can get away with it. Glad you got away from him!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wendy Seames Garner

11 Years Ago

Guess, I need a daughter to take care of.
A. V. Madison

11 Years Ago

That reminds me, I forgot to make the poem about Jessie! Dang it, I'll get to work immediately.
Wendy Seames Garner

11 Years Ago

No need to rush.
Some things come out just when you are sure that everything is perfect. I'm sorry you found out as you did, but at the same time, its better that you did find out. This is beautifully written, though.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A. V. Madison

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Skye. It's always a pleasure to get a review from you, dear.
Really sad...especially if true. But you're lucky you found out when you did.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A. V. Madison

11 Years Ago

Yeah, I didn't really want to give my heart out to someone who would break it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 15, 2012
Last Updated on July 15, 2012
Tags: nonfiction, cheating, love and loss, anger, sadness, depression, her, break up

Author

A. V. Madison
A. V. Madison

Only a Kid, But Hard To Scare, CA



About
I'm Maddie. Clumsy. Short-tempered. Quite an oddball. Sort of silly. I make big plans then never do them. I have a fascination with tiny lights. I have atelophobia and OCD. I am the definition.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by A. V. Madison