Never Coming Home

Never Coming Home

A Story by Silent Wolf
"

Based off the songs The Ghost Of You by My Chemical Romance and When You're Gone by Avril Lavigne. Also, the book is called "Lovely Fate"

"
I took the letter and triangularly folded flag out of the officer's hands numbly. How could this be possible? 
He grabbed my hands and placed them around his neck before lowering his to rest against the small of my back, smiling as we twirled joyfully in circles to the beat of the song. My body was pressed tightly against his as we moved gracefully across the large dance floor, his emerald green eyes searching my dark chocolate brown ones behind his shaggy, chin length black hair. 
Tears mixed with my black eyeliner rolled down my face like a river, only to fall on the ground and explode into tiny fragments of what it once was. I sniffed as I slowly opened the letter and began to read it, the letters in his beautiful, slanted, cursive handwriting that he thought must be the ugliest in the world, but I beg to differ. 
He pulled me closer to him as the song slowed down, and we stayed that way for almost an hour until the dance was over and we were sent home. We were only 16 years old. 
I could hear the officer speaking, but I couldn't hear the words. I could see his mouth moving when I looked up at him blankly, but I could not comprehend that he was speaking. I bit my bottom lip to hold back a scream. 
Once more, my 19 year old fiance reminded me why he had to go off to war, then he smiled and kissed me, promising that he would return in time to see our baby girl, our own little princess. Then, as if to prove his point, he kissed my stomach. In a final goodbye, he hugged me tightly and held me there for a moment, then, without another word, he let go and set off on the plane headed to Afghanistan. Or at least, I think it was Afghanistan... 
I hugged the flag close to my chest, as close as humanely possible, the letter squished between my chest and the flag, my head bent forward as I cried, letting the tears fall freely down my face. "He said that he would come back..." I thought. 

© 2016 Silent Wolf


Author's Note

Silent Wolf
First off, this is dedicated to all those American Soldiers who fought and didn't make it home.
Now. OMG I SO LOVE THIS SO FREAKING MUCH AND ERMAHGERD I WANT TO MAKE THIS INTO A BOOK! I say that often, but I guess I just love what I write. :P But I don't know how many other people would like it... :/ I mean, I know one of my friends would love to read it, because she loves to read what I wrote. :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

humanly not humanely thats like total different word there. sorry babe if this is going to be published im proofreading since ive read it before lol. a couple other grammar things. i numbly took instead of tacking numbly at the end there on the first sentence. begged* you have he thought in past tense so therefore beg must be in past tense too. other than those few things its perfect and i'm so proud of you!

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

beautiful dreamer

10 Years Ago

awe good :)
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

The book is called "Falling In Love."
C. Rose

10 Years Ago

Beg doesn't have to be past tense - the character still thinks his handwriting is beautiful. It migh.. read more



Reviews

This is beautiful, I love the story and the emotion and I can so picture this being a great book!
I can see chapters of him fighting in the chaos of war and her having to deal with gossip and raising a baby on her own.. AND THEN HE DIES! D: or comes back. Hopefully he comes back. x3
P.S... At the beginning when they was dancing and you mentioned her tear exploding... I actually pictured them sploding xD
Good job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Awww I hope he doesn't get sent back, but at the same time, I hope he does. And you're welcome, anyt.. read more
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

The book is up. It's called "Falling In Love"
Bluefire

10 Years Ago

Awesome, I'll check it out. ^^
This is beautiful and full of emotion. A lot of my family has been and still is in the military... some as the poem says Never came home but others were lucky.
In June 2014, after our high school graduation my best friend is leaving for basic training and then shortly after he is going to be deployed... i just hope that the scenario in your poem doesn't happen to me... I'm hoping he will get to come back home.. and i will be here waiting.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Alrighty then. :) I shall do that. :)
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

The book is up. It's called "Falling In Love"
Dreamer

10 Years Ago

cool, i look forward to reading it
This is beautiful... A lot of my family is in the military, so I can kinda relate, although none of them have died (thankfully!). My uncle is currently deployed...
Excellently written. ;)

100/100!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

The book is up. It's called "Falling In Love"
Hello Grey Wolf. I watched the video you have used, and things haven't changed much in schools. I am from an older generation and had my share of the bullies. As you say words do hurt and it is hard to shake the off. I realized after a while that bullies are the sad ones. Something is missing in their home and they try to make themselves 'big' by picking on people.
I read your piece 'Never coming Home'. It had real feeling and understanding of the situation. It is very sad that a young girl like you has to worry about such things
If you wish to become a published writer then I think you should work on grammar, spelling and the technical side as well as on the story or poem. I have learned by experience that Editors have no time to correct mistakes, and soon stop reading if the writing isn't up to scratch, even though the idea and the story is good. I hope you spend some time on creative writing in your class, this lets your imagination free - and maybe there is a writer's group you could join. Best of luck and I'll be in touch again when I've read another of your pieces. EPL I don't think I am equipped to give marks, not yet anyway until I get to know this site better.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Lol thanks. And I'm glad that you actually read my profile (I think) and I honestly am trying to ima.. read more
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

But I worry about a lot of things, and I'm very mature for my age, despite my problems...
I cried! its a short but very powerful piece please continue!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Wow! I would be so scared and hope they come back alive after reading this!
K. Hicks

10 Years Ago

I'm sure they will and I am scared but i love them and i know they love to serve our country (such t.. read more
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

The book is up. It's called "Falling In Love"
This is a great emotional write, the dedication is really something special. I think it's creative and unique and the idea is great! Good work here!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

EMMIE

10 Years Ago

You can do anything you want...that's the beauty of story telling. I think it can make a great novel.. read more
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Alrighty then. Thank you so much for your input. :)
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

The book is up. It's called "Falling In Love."
Really great and emotional! It would make a great book and I'd love to see more depth to the characters and their back stories so I say make a book! :'D

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Cool deal. :) I'm almost done with Chapter 2. :)
Felicity's Eve

10 Years Ago

Yay! I just reviewed ch 1 :)
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Yup. :3 Chapter two, you meet the guy in the story. :3
Here's the song The Ghost Of You: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCUpvTMis-Y
Here's the song When You're Gone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Frx2k6A0w
Just in case you were wondering. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I loved it! In a sad way. I think it has the great makings of a book. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

The book is up. It's called "Falling In Love."
LunarSong

10 Years Ago

Okay, I'll check it out :)
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Cool deal.

4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1964 Views
39 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 4, 2013
Last Updated on January 18, 2016

Author

Silent Wolf
Silent Wolf

Insanity, My own little paradise



About
♥♥♥♥♥UPDATES!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (updated as of 11/22/17) ~I've graduated high school. I've got a full time job. -I am still writing Simli.. more..

Writing
Raven Raven

A Story by Silent Wolf



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My child My child

A Story by Silent Wolf