Chapter 4:The Story of a Demi-God

Chapter 4:The Story of a Demi-God

A Chapter by Yoshiyuki
"

What really happened in the war of the Gods?

"

A young man appears from the darkness of the forest. He wears a cloak covering half of his body in one hand he is armed with a bow. The bow is designed from the strongest and most flexible of metals. He walks over to the sapphire being. He charges up a green aura which surrounds his hands. He channels the energy to the princess and the Sapphire Being. Gradually, the Sapphire Being regains conscious, but the princess remains lifeless.

 

              “YOU! I will kill you for what you have done!” The Sapphire Being yells with rage. The Sapphire Being is still a little dazed.


              “You still have that charm don’t you? But I haven’t come to fight you today. They are preparing the ritual. I need your help.” The mysterious archer said with concern.

 

              “Of all people I never expected you to care about saving the princess. You killed her parent. You tried to steal the power of the Forest Gods! All of you Demi-Gods were selfish and overstepped your bounds! You should leave Kagami! Or I will kill you if you are still here when I can properly stand!” The Sapphire being yelled with all his might. He desperately tried to stand but to no success.

 

              “Yoshiyuki you don’t know what happened that night do you? I am going to tell you what happened on that night when the Gods were annihilated. You should be able to stand when I am done. If you still want to kill me I will let you.” He speaks with gentle eyes.

 

              “You already know the Demi-Gods wanted the power of the Gods so they planned an attack on the Gods. But some of the Demi-Gods including me did not want any part in the attack. If it were not for the Forest Gods I would be dead. I owed them my life.

 

              I was wandering through Suicide Forest wanting to end my life. I knew that I would not leave this place once I entered. Gradually as I made my way through the forest I came across a cliff. I noticed on the trees there were symbols etched in. Now I know them to be the symbols of the Forest Gods. I was on the edge of life and death just one step would end it all. But as I was about to take the final step a portal opened behind me.

             

              A little girl appeared from the portal. At that time the princess kept creating portals from the “Valley of the Gods” to “Suicide Forest”. It was actually a pretty funny sight. But as she came from the portal I was startled and next thing I knew I was traveling to my death. As I was about to splatter into the rocks a portal opened up taking me to the gods.

 

An intimidating old man stood before me. In his hand he held a bow with designs from nature.

“I am sorry for intruding onto your property I have no idea how I got here. You probably won’t believe me but a portal opened up beneath me. And here I am.” My knees shook with fear. I had a hard time talking.

 

“I am sorry but you cannot go back to the world you were from. You would be devoured by the souls of the dead from the forest. I can make you my apprentice though. And you can live here.” He might have been intimidating by his looks but he spoke with gentle eyes.

 

After months of training and acquiring some of his powers he passed down his arm guard and bow that I have on now. At that time when he gave me those he told me something I will never forget.

 

“If you were my son I would be real proud of you. But I can never replace my daughter. She is becoming a fine princess I am so proud of her. Please protect her. I give you these as a token of my trust."

 

Those moments are the reason I have never betrayed the Forest God. And I never will turn my back on them.”

 

             “Yoshiyuki…You are still naïve. You have no clue what the war was about. Your parents and the Forest God sided with Demi-Gods to overthrow the ways of the Gods.” Yoshiyuki’s eyes widen in disbelief.



© 2011 Yoshiyuki


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on December 13, 2011
Last Updated on December 13, 2011


Author

Yoshiyuki
Yoshiyuki

Kahului, HI



Writing
Silent Night Silent Night

A Chapter by Yoshiyuki