Sixteen

Sixteen

A Chapter by Keevan

Edward stared in horror as Winry's left arm fell to the floor, her scream piercing his ears. Blood was painting that side of her body and dripping onto the floor by her feet.

     "Why?!" she screamed. "What did I ever do to you?!"

     "Now the right," Lucy said, raising her right arm. In the same flash, Winry's right arm was torn from her body, a fresh scream ripping from her throat as more blood began to cover her. Tears wouldn't stop falling from her eyes, which were squeezed shut, and her toolbox clattered to the floor, some tools spilling out.

     I have to do something! Edward screamed in his mind. But I can't move...!

    Winry fell to her knees, shaking horribly, hanging her head. She whimpered and wouldn't stop.

     "Time for a leg to go," Lucy said, flicking her wrist to the left. Winry's left leg was torn from under her, another scream ripping from her throat. From all of the blood she lost, it was a miracle she was still alive.

     "Stop," Edward hoarsely whispered, finding his voice. "Lucy, stop..."

     "The right." Lucy flicked her wrist to the right, and her last limb tore off. Winry slouched there, unable to scream anymore. She raised her head some, blood dribbling out of her mouth.

     "Lucy, STOP!" Edward screamed, falling to his knees. "It's too much! TOO MUCH!" He covered his ears with his hands, but he still looked straight at Winry.

     "Die," Lucy whispered. Winry's head started to tremble, and slowly, her head ripped away from her neck with a horrible tearing sound. Her neck was gurgling. Blood sprayed like a fountain and painted the wall behind her, along with the rest of her body.

     The now lifeless torso fell forward to the floor, Winry's head rising on its own in the air, the expression terrifying, and slammed to the concrete below.

     That was when a horrified scream tore itself from Edward's throat and his vision was fuzzy around it's edges once again. He looked towards Lucy, who's expression was different. She looked...scared.

     "Edward," she whispered. She turned her head and looked at him, falling to her hands and knees. "Edward, kill me," she said a little louder, tears falling like faucets turned on. "Edward, KILL ME!" She started screaming, and she threw up. "KILL ME!"

     "Damn it!" Edward shakily turned and saw Lieutenant Hawkeye, pale faced, marching towards them with two guards, guns loaded. Lucy threw up again, and Edward saw Winry's blood mix with it, creating a disgusting mixture in front of him.

     It was enough to push him over the edge once again, and he passed out cold.

 

"Winry!" Edward screamed, sitting straight up in bed.

     "Brother, calm down," Alphonse said. He had been sitting next to his brother since he arrived to the dorm. Alphonse had heard the news of Winry's death, and felt as numb as he could by it.

     Edward looked up at his brother, trying to piece together what exactly happened.

     "Al," he hoarsely whispered. "is she really...?"

     "Yes," he said coldly. "Lucy killed her. She ripped off her limbs and decapitated her."

     "Why would she...?"

     "I don't know, Brother." There was silence between the boys. Edward sat up and took a shaky breath. "Al, what did they do with Lucy?"

     "Absolutely nothing," Alphonse said darkly with a hint of bitterness. "but she begged for them to kill her. She was just sent through punishment again.

     "Brother," Alphonse asked. "do you still love her? After what she did to Winry?" Edward tensed, the realization hitting him hard. He didn't know, but he was sure he still loved her.

     "I can't explain it, Al," Edward said, not looking at his brother. "but I think I still do. Do you hate me for that?"

     "I could never hate you, no matter how big of an idiot you are," Alphonse said automatically. "I just wish you hated her as much as I do right now." He stood up and left the room, his hollow footsteps trailing away down the hall.

     "Al..." Edward whispered. He had never seen his brother act like that before. Edward stood up and was immediately aware of how off balance and ill he felt. He sat back on his bed, a strong urge to throw up rising in his esophagus. He put his head between his knees and closed his eyes, but he was greeted with images of a bloodied and decapitated Winry.

     He moaned and pulled the trashcan in front of him, taking deep breaths. The part that didn't make sense to him was how Lucy reacted afterwards. It was like she was a completely different person when she was killing Winry, and then back to herself when it was over. And when she was ripping up Winry, she was looking right at her, as if she could see her. Lucy was blind...wasn't she?

     Another bloody flash of Winry made Edward throw up. Hard.

     Once he was done, he wasn't sure of what to do. He had fainted twice, and this time, he had no idea how long he had been out. Colonel Mustang could've been back for all he knew.

     There was a knock on the door, and speak of the devil, his one-eyed colonel walked in. There was a thick black eye patch covering his right eye. Lieutenant Hawkeye was by his side like always. She looked just as pale as before, if not paler, and she stood straight, saying nothing.

     "Fullmetal," Colonel Mustang said sternly. "I understand you went to see Lucy and you saw quite a show."

     Edward said nothing. He just kept his head bent over his trashcan.

     "You are not allowed to go down there any longer," Colonel Mustang continued. "I'll let it go this one time, but you're going to end up just like Winry if you disobey me again, is that clear?" Edward heart was pounding in his ears. He didn't realize when he stood up and grabbed Colonel Mustang by his collar.

     "What Lucy did to Winry wasn't my fault...!" Edward snarled through clenched teeth. "How was I supposed to know she'd show up and get killed?!"

     "I'm not sure," Colonel Mustang admitted. "but it's not going to happen again."

     "Damn right!" Edward growled. "Winry's already dead!" Winry flashed through Edward's mind once more, and he felt sick again. He let go of Mustang's collar and stumbled back to his bed, head bent over the trashcan.

     "Does Granny know?" Edward thought, thinking of Winry's grandmother, Pinako Rockbell.

     "Yes," he said. "we informed her this morning."

     "Lieutenant," Edward began. "how long was I out this time?"

     "The incident happened yesterday at noon, so twenty two hours," she replied stiffly.

     "What's happening to Lucy now?"

     "She's being held in her punishment room, strapped to the wall, while we clean up her room," Mustang said. "but that's none of your concern, considering you can't see her."

     "I still love her," Edward said, keeping his head down. "I just want to know if she's alright. Alphonse said you did absolutely nothing to her for killing Winry."

     "We punished her," Lieutenant Hawkeye said.

     "And that's all you're going to do? What about after her room's cleaned up? What are you going to do to her then?"

     "I doubt things can go back to the way they were before she met you boys," Colonel Mustang said with a sigh. "We'll just have to move on and see what happens."

     Edward spat into the trashcan as Colonel Mustang and Lieutenant Hawkeye left the room and disappeared down the hallway, just like Alphonse.



© 2011 Keevan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

WOW! - This is the only chapter I have read of your writing and I find myself wanting to go back to the beginning and find out how it got to this place and where it will go to from here. Personally - if I had been Winry... I would have passed out from the pain of losing the first arm and died pof blood loss well before my other arm and head were removed. I would like to cheer or boo both Edward and Lucy for their actions/reactions, but without knowing the context of this chapter in relation to the rest of the book, I shall reserve judgement at this time.
You have great descriptions and I can visualise it all.
I will be definately reading on. Keep up the good work :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

WOW! - This is the only chapter I have read of your writing and I find myself wanting to go back to the beginning and find out how it got to this place and where it will go to from here. Personally - if I had been Winry... I would have passed out from the pain of losing the first arm and died pof blood loss well before my other arm and head were removed. I would like to cheer or boo both Edward and Lucy for their actions/reactions, but without knowing the context of this chapter in relation to the rest of the book, I shall reserve judgement at this time.
You have great descriptions and I can visualise it all.
I will be definately reading on. Keep up the good work :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

YEAH!!!! WINRY FINALLY DIES!! YOU GOT WHAT YOU DESERVED,B***H!!!!! XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love you Lucy. :3 No homo of course.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

...*smirking*... That was...great...hehe...I'll sleep well tonight...

BUT MORE TO THE POINT, EDWARD, SAVE YOUR WOMAN!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 26, 2011
Last Updated on May 18, 2011


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan