Fourteen

Fourteen

A Chapter by Keevan
"

Colonel Mustang walked in!!! DX

"

Edward stood up defensively in front of Lucy. Colonel Mustang marched over and grabbed his neck, shouting, "What the hell were you thinking?!" Edward didn't answer; he couldn't breathe.

     "Answer me!" Mustang shouted.

     Suddenly, there was another hand gently placed over Mustang's. Lucy's hand.

     "Papa," she whispered. "Stop it."

     He hesitated, but let go, leaving Edward to fall to the ground as he regained his breath. "Lucy, why?" Colonel Mustang asked, trying to be calm.

     "I love Edward," she said softly, staring at the ground. "You hurt Edward, you hurt me."

     "Lucy, you're obviously confused about what you're feeling," Mustang said, trying to reason with her. "There's no way you could feel anything about this boy. Especially considering it's Fullmetal."

     "What's THAT supposed to mean?!" Edward shouted, standing up once again, breathing normally. He ignored Edward and said to Lucy, "And what happened to your room?"

     "She was upset!" Edward shouted. "Her rat got taken away!"

     "That rat wasn't her's to begin with," the colonel said as he faced Edward and stared him down. "You have no right to say anything."

     "She said she loves me," Edward said menacingly. "I love her, too! I'm not afraid to say it!"

     "You told me in my office that you didn't like her like that," Colonel Mustang said, sounding kind of like a selfish child, but he quickly covered it up. "Besides, I forbid it. That, and any more contact between you two whatsoever. It's messing up the research, according to the head scientist."

     "Colonel--"

     "Papa!" Lucy shouted, cutting Edward off. "No! NO! Lucy loves Edward! Don't take Edward away!" She had grabbed onto Colonel Mustang's arm and wouldn't let go.

     "Lucy, calm down," Colonel Mustang said, trying to sound calm. Edward noticed the nervousness in his eyes. He was afraid that Lucy would lose it and kill him. "It's for the best. I wouldn't lie to you."

     "Liar!" Lucy yelled, sounding more panicked and urgent than ever, as if she were afraid she would die if Edward was gone. "Liar liar! Papa always lies to Lucy!"

     "What are you talking about?!" he yelled back. "What have I lied about?"

     "Lucy is really Heather!" she shouted. "Papa isn't Lucy's real papa!" It was as if time stopped after she spoke. Edward and the colonel froze. Lucy was breathing heavily, still hanging onto Colonel Mustang's arm. Edward saw that she was crying, even though her head was down.

     "You've been lying to me since I could walk," she whispered. Edward recognized that voice: The serious and older version of Lucy.

     "Who...who's voice is that?" Colonel Mustang asked quietly.

     "It's Lucy's," Edward answered, just as quiet.

     "I've known for so long," Lucy said, her head still down. "My name was Heather. After my parents died, you took me in and gave me away to the military. You sacrificed my life for an experiment with continuously failing results. Yet you military pests kept at it, sacrificing the lives of infants and babies, not even caring about their futures.

     "In your eyes," she continued. "I bet you didn't even think they had futures."

     "Just where are you going with all of this?" Colonel Mustang asked, trying to keep his cool.

     "You never even thought of telling me," she said darkly. "You wanted to keep me in the dark, hoping I would never get angry and attack the military. I'm tired of being a good girl."

     She lifted her head and looked at Edward, he caught his breath: her right eye was black, yet her left was glowing with her power. He saw the blood lust in her eyes.

     "Edward Elric," she said. "Remember the promise? That you would kill me if I tried to purposely kill someone?"

     "Y-Yeah," Edward said, not sure where she was going.

     "Get your weapon ready," she said. Before anyone could react, there was a white flash; it happened that fast. Blood was in a small puddle on the ground, and Colonel Mustang was screaming in agony, both of his hands clamped over his right eye. The socket, that is. Edward looked on the ground and felt like he was going to puke. Colonel Mustang's eye, optic nerve included, was draped across Edward's foot, staring up at him.

     Lucy was suddenly in front of him, picking up the eye and enclosing her fist around it, blood and some unidentifiable substance leaking from her fist. Edward's vision got fuzzy and black around the edges, and he felt on the urge of a faint.

     "Kill me," she whispered.

     "You didn't kill him," Edward whispered back, feeling dizzy.

     "Edward, you have to," she said. "I'm unnatural. You said so yourself, or you implied it, anyway."

     "Lucy," he said, and that was all he said before a loud siren rang his ears, and that pushed him over the edge, and into a cold faint.

 

"Brother, Brother wake up," Edward heard faintly. He opened his eyes to see his brother looming over him. He was laying in his bed in their dorm.

     "Oh, good, you're awake now!" he said. "You've been out for almost two days."

     "I only fainted," Edward said groggily, sitting up. "How...how could I have been out for that long?"

     "Lieutenant Hawkeye said you hit your head pretty hard," Alphonse explained. "You were really pale, and so was she. What happened?"

     "You mean, no one told you?" Edward asked him. "Where's Lucy?"

     "Oh, they did tell me about that," Alphonse said. "I just wasn't sure if you wanted to talk about it or not."

     "Where's Lucy?!" Edward asked again, harsher than he intended.

     "She...she got punished again," Alphonse said. "And, she didn't fight back this time. She almost died, and she's blind. Right now, she's quarantined in her room."

     "She-She's blind?" Edward repeated.

     "It's ironic, considering what she did to Colonel Mustang," Alphonse continued.

     "How bad was the punishment?" Edward asked, worried. "Is she still close to death? Is she better?"

     "I'm sure it was pretty bad if it blinded her and she almost died, Brother," Alphonse said with a sigh. "And I don't know how she's doing now. We're not allowed to see her anymore." He paused, and said, "Brother, what did you tell her?"

     "I told her the truth, Al," Edward said, a faraway gleam in his eye. "That I love her. I'm not letting anyone stop me from seeing her. Help me up, I need to get moving."



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

There’s her adult voice again... I’m glad she finally lost it on the colonel, honestly... Now we know what he really thinks of her. I still wonder if she’ll ever become her full older self... I can’t wait to see what Edward does to communicate with Lucy now that she’s in quarantine...

Posted 13 Years Ago


D: OMG YOU KILLED COLONEL MUSTANG!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


OH MY GOD!!!! LUUUUUUCYYYYYYY!!!! NOOOOOO!!! She’s blind!!! Edward, save her!!!! GAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2011
Last Updated on May 18, 2011


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan