The Pond

The Pond

A Story by abparker
"

For some reason this story popped into my head last night... a woman in the pond,

"

“Oh what a glorious day!” I exclaimed out loud. It was a beautiful day and I was sitting in the middle of the pond just pondering life’s mysteries. Like how in the universe was the Solar System created? Do the planets talk to each other? I can hear Jupiter tease Mars, “Hey Mars, I’m coming ‘round the get ya!” Mars responds, “No way, I am way closer to the sun so my gravitational force is much stronger, I am way to fast for you!” But Jupiter just keeps inching closer and closer. And what did poor Pluto do to get kicked out of our Orbital system? So what if he fumbled the last play of the game, costing his team to lose the Super Bowl, life goes on, get over it. And why is it that the handicap stalls in all bathrooms are the very last stall? And how was I going to get to the next level on Rock Band? These were all mysteries just left unanswered.

 

But really I was just glad to be alive; you never knew what was lurking around the corner. It could be the Grim Reaper just waiting patiently for your time to come. Or a human size spider wanting to spin you in her sticky web, suffocate you, and devour your dead body. Or even the Jolly Green Giant. I used to have a reoccurring nightmare as a child that the Jolly Green Giant was out to get me. He was the only man big and strong enough to break into my 2nd story bedroom window, torture me then eat me alive. No wonder I hate green vegetables. You know that saying, up a creek without a paddle? Well somehow I had lost both my paddles; don’t ask me how, but these things happen.

 

I had been sitting in the same exact position on the pond for hours, because there happened to be no wind today. The whole reason my mind was wondering every aspect of life, what else do you do when you are stranded, and haven’t seen a sole in hours? It really would be nice if someone else would come to this pond, but I guess that is the reason I picked it, because no one else knew about it. Ironic, yes. Funny, a little. As the sun was setting I thought to myself out loud, “Oh well one more night on the pond, then maybe tomorrow you can figure out what happened to Pluto.”

 

© 2008 abparker


Author's Note

abparker
This is my first draft, so any critiques to help me enhance the story would be great!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on October 14, 2008

Author

abparker
abparker

San Antonio, TX



About
I think I should maybe explain my style of writing... which to even do that, I am not sure, because I just started writing 3 weeks ago...... I can say if you knew me, you might understand.... I have a.. more..

Writing
Moving Day Moving Day

A Story by abparker


My First Day My First Day

A Story by abparker


The Breaker The Breaker

A Story by abparker