"So Long For Now"..by Michael

"So Long For Now"..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Andrea would visit her grandma every other weekend. Mom and dad would drop her off on a Friday evening and pick her up Sunday afternoon. There was a close bond between them as both looked forward to seeing each other. Grandma played games with Andrea, watch her favorite cartoons, and even helped her with some homework assignments. A favorite homemade dish of chicken noodle was enjoyed and looked forward to before going to bed. This every other weekend routine lasted until Andrea turned fourteen years old. Then her parents broke the following sad news to her about grandma passing away. The young teenager attended her first funeral as she cried and said goodbye to grandma. When Andrea turned sixteen years old, he parents felt comfortable enough to leave her home alone as they had made plans for a weekend getaway. It was a Saturday evening when she was watching T V and suddenly smelled something coming from the kitchen. A familiar scent from not too long ago of homemade chicken noodle soup. A bowl sat there on the table as she heard a voice say, "there is never a goodbye, only a so long for now". Andrea watched a misty shaped of her grandma by the front about to leave. Before she did, Grandma said, "so long for now"...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

359 Views
Added on August 14, 2014
Last Updated on August 14, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing