When The Pen..By Michael

When The Pen..By Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

I can remember a time before computers. It was when we used to take a pen and paper and the time to sit down and write. More thought and feelings went into it as opposed to hitting buttons on a keyboard. The pen glided as it told of what the heart is sending. X's and O's usually ended the letter with a meaning of hugs and kisses. My present day girlfriend was going away for two months. A summer vacation from the long year of high school. We would exchange letters on a weekly basis. It gave me a break from the computer as I loved to get back to that pen and paper. College followed and we were still together. We wrote each other the old fashioned way as one week before she was to come home, I included an engagement ring in the mail that was sent. She wrote back and accepted as just under the X's and O's was a few dried up tear drops. Something not found nor seen in email. We got married one year later as memories of a pen and paper led romantic trails to where we are today...Case in point in a short love story about me and her, when the pen never runs out of ink...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
Added on August 20, 2014
Last Updated on August 20, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing