Something Special One Summer..by Michael

Something Special One Summer..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Twelve year old Billy went to day camp one summer. The counselor took the group one afternoon to go hiking. He instructed the kids to eventually find a favorite thing to take back with them. Each child would them tell him what it was. Billy told the counselor that he would like to bring back a baby frog. "Bring an empty coffee can with you with a lid that has holes punched in it so that the baby frog can breath", was his advice. Billy did just that on their next hiking trip. Everybody had different things collected as he noticed one of the girls with an empty coffee can. She was crying as it was too difficult for her to catch a baby frog. He felt bad for her and said, "Cheer up, I caught one and you can have it". She wiped the tears away and smiled at him. A childhood hug was exchanged. The counselor noticed this unselfish gesture and said to Billy, "I'll catch one for you to bring back". "Thank you so much", he replied. Bernice and Billy held hands together as they hiked back to the hotel with what they originally wanted. They became first time boyfriend and girlfriend after that as it was found out that they both attended the same school. It lasted through high school, then college. The now twenty seven year old Billy and twenty six year old Bernice decided to do something special one summer. They went back to a place where a familiar hike was remembered. Both had taken an empty coffee can with a lid that had holes punched in it. That can sat at the wedding able, when Bernice got up and made a speech to the guests. It was heartfelt and emotional as the people there cried some happy tears...Maybe young love meets over an empty coffee can, now with two baby frogs inside. Case in point in a short love story about Billy and Bernice, where there was something special one summer...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman

See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
Added on August 25, 2014
Last Updated on August 25, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing