On Painted Horses..by Michael

On Painted Horses..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Jennifer drove by an amusement park on the way to shopping. She noticed a carousel of horses going around in a circle as it brought a smile to her face. A favorite childhood ride from so many fond memories ago. It was decided to go back there the following weekend. Thirty six year old Jennifer laughed and giggled at the fond memories as she stood on line. One particular event stood out from way back when. It was when there was no more room as everyone of the painted horses had someone on it. Yet another child asked the attendant if she could sit on the back of his horse while holding on to his waist. The rules were bent a little as he let the fourteen year old girl ride with the little boys request, as long he stood there to make sure she was safe enough to sit and ride. Maybe history repeats itself as there was no more room for Jennifer. Then the attendant told her about a young man willing to let her ride on the back of his horse. She accepted and put her arms around his waist. Jack turned his head around as they both remembered each other from way back when. The same age couple from back then, were reunited when the time was just right. They got married one year later and still visit that same amusement park with a carousel of painted horses. It happened to make a beautiful photo on the cover of their wedding album...Case in point in a short love story about Jennifer and Jack, where romantic trails once again has them together on painted horses...
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think it's good, it's just that it seems a bit oddly phrased at some points. For example, instead of "The rules were bent a little as he let the fourteen year old girl ride with the little boys request, as long he stood there to make sure she was safe enough to sit and ride," I would have personally written it as "The rules were bent a little as he let the fourteen year old girl ride on the little boys horse, with the exception that the attendant would stand there with them to make sure she was safe." Other that that, I think you did great work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

7 Years Ago

thank you for enjoying this short story



Reviews

I think it's good, it's just that it seems a bit oddly phrased at some points. For example, instead of "The rules were bent a little as he let the fourteen year old girl ride with the little boys request, as long he stood there to make sure she was safe enough to sit and ride," I would have personally written it as "The rules were bent a little as he let the fourteen year old girl ride on the little boys horse, with the exception that the attendant would stand there with them to make sure she was safe." Other that that, I think you did great work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

7 Years Ago

thank you for enjoying this short story
nice story on young love here great pen to paper

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

glad you liked it as young love never forgets

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 3, 2014
Last Updated on September 3, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing