The Third Selection..by Michael

The Third Selection..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Mandy was hungry on the way home from a summer vacation. It was past her past her normal lunchtime as she noticed a diner just about ten minutes away from her house. She sat down and waited for a waitress to come to her table. After a menu was shown and she placed her order, the forty two year old noticed one of those old fashioned jukeboxes attached to the wall next to her. Three plays for a quarter as Mandy had some time to kill before her late lunch would be served. There was a great selection of oldies as she dropped her quarter. The last play was her very favorite song, a number one hit from 1979 called "The Rose". Michael was sitting behind her and he heard his favorite song. They happened to be behind each other on a line waiting to approach the cashier checkout. He told her of how his favorite song was played before he was about to make that same selection. Mandy admitted that she was the one who had played it. That was where their first meeting took place along with their first conversation. They laughed out loud when both found out that each of them was returning home from a summer vacation. It happened to be from that same hotel resort also. These same similar strange occurrences had them start dating each other. Two years later they became the bride and groom at a very special wedding. An old fashioned jukebox was rented for the occasion. It had a great selection of oldies as the third song selected was "The Rose". It was an appropriate favorite old song that they naturally danced to as their wedding choice. Maybe it past our usual lunchtime and we get lucky to find a diner only about ten minutes away from our homes. The third selection was what made that defining moment in their getting together. Case in point in a short love story about Mandy and Michael, where love finds a way of a life to be for two people because of the third selection...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it :) you should keep going :).

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you Jess. My endings are always continued in the readers mind.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
1 Review
Added on November 7, 2014
Last Updated on November 7, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing