And Never Stopped Applauding..by Michael

And Never Stopped Applauding..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Audrey was born with a crippling back disorder that had her in a wheelchair while growing up. However that never stopped her from doing everything normal kids do. It just took her a little longer to get where she was going. Audrey was good student in school and graduated with excellent grades. A particular talent of hers was the beautiful voice she had which soon would be recognized. It was at a local talent contest when she sat before the audience on stage in her wheelchair. The host lowered the microphone stand as the lights dimmed and she began to sing. Some of the guests cried at the beautiful voice of a very emotional love song. When it was over, they all stood up out of their seats and never stopped applauding. A talent scout who happened to be there that evening, smiled and recognized a pure and genuine future artist. He met with the twenty one year old Audrey after the show as she signed a record contract with a major label. A hit single launched her first album which sold over a million copies. Audrey was ready now for her first tour in concert. Her talent agent was now the promoter of all future recordings and live performances. Allen was only twenty five years old, just a few years older than Audrey. It was at one live performance where he walked on to the stage and lowered the microphone stand for the young lady in a wheelchair. Then he dropped to one knee and took out an engagement ring and proposed to her before a live audience of over five thousand guests. Audrey raised herself up and stood out of a lifelong wheelchair. It was captured on live television and before over five thousand guests. She walked a few feet to where he stood as he put the ring on her finger. Maybe love has something to do with miracles that cannot be explained. Some of the guests at their wedding cried at the beautiful voice of a very emotional love song. When it was over, they all stood up out of their seats and never stopped applauding....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on November 11, 2014
Last Updated on November 11, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing