A Paper Diner Menu..by Michael

A Paper Diner Menu..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Shelly was a shy girl so she decided to do the subtle approach. It happened at a diner where she was having lunch when she found another customer quite attractive. When he got up to go to the men's room, Shelly walked over to his table and took out a pen. There was a paper menu there which some diners have and she wrote her name and phone number on it. When Steven returned, he smiled when seeing the new addition to the paper diner menu. He was hoping it was from the girl that he thought was quite attractive to him from another table. A funny coincidence had crossed his mind as he thought of doing the same thing at her table. However, she left before he could have taken the same approach. Steven took that paper diner menu home with him, not only as a memento, but also to give her a phone call. In the middle of the week during the evening Shelly's phone rang. "This is Steven, the guy you left your name and number with at a diner a few days ago. Can we get together for a real date", he asked. "Sure we can! How about at that same diner this coming Saturday night at 7 PM"? she replied. He agreed to meet her at the front entrance. The two shy people sat down and talked as they got to know each other during their meal. "I forgot something from my car, I'll be right back", he said. Steven walked back into the diner with one hand behind his back until he reached their table. Then he handed her a single red rose and just smiled without saying a word. Shelly shed a few tears and just held his hands with a smile that he had never seen before. He did the same as no words were needed to be spoken. Copies of that diner menu were made and placed at each table for the guests to see at their wedding one year later. "That was where we first met and I want you all to know that", as the heartfelt speech continued when Sally spoke into the microphone. Each and every guest got up and applauded, most with tears in their eyes. They all took a special memento known as a paper diner menu...
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


Author's Note

Michael Reisman
See my 17 published books of short stories on my web site www.michaelreisman.net

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a lovely little story. I very much enjoyed it. So much better than watching England Scotland trying to play football.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for this lovely compliment. All of of my stories I try to leave the reader with a .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
1 Review
Added on November 17, 2014
Last Updated on November 17, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing