Green Continued..by Michael

Green Continued..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

For the sake of fiction, we shall name this frog Freddy. Also we shall name this caterpillar Cathy. It all began in a pond where he sat on a lily pad. Freddy noticed the same color green Cathy was wearing as the caterpillar sat feeding on a milk weed plant nearby. He introduced himself in a way that only nature has without the use of verbal language. They became good friends as sometimes she would ride on his back as he hopped about the streams and into the forest. Each matured and soon realized they were more than just friends. A first kiss was shared as the young adults became boyfriend and girlfriend. One day Cathy told Freddy it was time for her to change and soon fly away. He cried but accepted what needed to be done by her. The love struck frog watched her break out of the cocoon and fly away that summer. It was about fifty years later when there was a Halloween party. Some of guests knew each other and some did not. Two unusual costumes attracted much attention as there was a man dressed in a frog's costume and woman in a caterpillars costume. Both shared first prize and were announced to be the winners. All outfits were taken off as the guests finally saw each other in person. Freddy and Cathy reintroduced themselves and smiled with a lump in their throats. Both had remembered where they had been before as now was their second chance. A human kiss was exchanged and one year later the inevitable happened. Not the usual colors of a bride and groom, but Freddy and Cathy had their own personal reasons for choosing green. Maybe it takes time in another life, another body. God works in mysterious ways where love is concerned. Case in point in a short love story about Freddy and Cathy.....
 
 
 

© 2014 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on December 31, 2014
Last Updated on December 31, 2014

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing