ID Bracelet..by Michael

ID Bracelet..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Mom got her son a gift on no special occasion. It was an ID bracelet with his name engraved on it. Robert wore it on his left wrist and showed his girlfriend while they attended the same high school. It was a popular item back in the 60's as so were ankle chains for girls. He happened to buy one of those for Jennifer while in their senior year. It was on a beach when they went swimming as both of their gifts were lost but neither of them realized it until the next morning. High school romances often fade away over the years as many of our relationships often do. Robert found her lost ankle chain some years later on a beach where they used to go to. It made him cry at the memory of a lost love. He saved it just in case they would ever meet again. Judy found an ID bracelet at a different point in time on a beach where they used to go to. It made her cry at the memory of a lost love. It was now 1980 in a diner where Robert sat down to order his dinner. The waitress came over and took his order as she served him about ten minutes later. When he noticed a silver ID bracelet on her wrist with his name engraved, he grabbed her hand and said, "this is me again my darling, remember us being together"? After a brief hug and kiss he took an ankle chain that was saved and placed it where it was supposed to be. She put back his ID bracelet on the left hand as a long time connection had now been reunited. Identification now sat in the form of an engagement ring on a finger just to the right of her pinky. It was followed by a wedding ring a few months later. Maybe some lost items are meant to be found if we look hard enough. Two forms an ID bracelet keep us together on a beach where love was shared before and now, and forever....
 
 
 

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 2, 2015
Last Updated on January 2, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing