Turns Into A Lifetime..by Michael

Turns Into A Lifetime..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Maria thought about an old favorite place from her childhood. It was a borough she used to live in called Brooklyn. The place was the world famous Coney Island, known for its great rides and popular food. It was Nathan's hot dogs and fries that she dreamed about. Maria also had a few favorite rides there while growing up. The bumper cars, the roller coaster, and the tunnel of love. She skipped breakfast that July Saturday morning so she would be really hungry for lunch by the time she arrived at Coney Island. It was a forty five minute drive to get there, but well worth the trip. Maria stood on a long line in front of Nathan's but was patient enough to wait for her once favorite childhood lunch. She sat at an outdoor table with her hot dog and fries and smiled ear to ear. The thirty six year old had someone else sit at the table. He placed his hot dog and fries in front of him and began to eat. After lunch was done, they looked at each other with quite a surprise on their faces. "Mark, is that you"? she asked. "Yes Maria, it is me, he replied. An old boyfriend and girlfriend had met once again from quite a few years ago. He also thought about an old favorite place from his childhood the same day that she had. They shared some rides together which included the bumper cars, the roller coaster, and the tunnel of love. Two years there was an outdoor wedding in the month of July. It took place in a borough where they used to live, which they now had returned to. A special lunch was served to the bride and groom as it was Nathan's hot dogs and fries. Maybe old favorite places from the flower of our youth needs to be revisited. Lunches and rides are a bonus which brings two former lovers back together once again. Case in point in a short love story about Maria and Mark, where a forty five minute drive turns into a lifetime....
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is short and sweet story you have here. Furthermore, you can add more of the characters' history and their relationship, so the reader will feel closer to them.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Its good, but the end kind of just fizzles out. It does make me want to know their history and find out if they can patch up and have a future.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2015
Last Updated on January 9, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing