Oklahoma And Old Churches..by Michael

Oklahoma And Old Churches..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

A white steeple church stood at the edge of a small town in Oklahoma. He was a former choir boy there back in the 1950's and he wondered what ever happened to the girl who played the organ. She would turn her smile at him as he sang when the words almost got stuck in his throat. It was a place he wanted to go back to and see again. The fifty year old man parked his car in a small town that he used to live in so many years ago. His footsteps were slow but deliberate as he reached the edge of town. The white steeple church was faded with old paint and the front door had blackened remains of a fire that was put out which he couldn't or didn't want to remember. Inside the benches still remained and on a stage a platform remained where the choir boys used to sing. To the left was a dusty old organ where she used to play and then turn her head and smile. A statue of Christ was the only thing there that seemed to be untouched and in its original condition. Through the broken stained glass colored windows, the evening sunset shone lightly on the dusty floor. He walked to the platform and sang a hymn from memory as the organ began to play. She turned her head and smiled at him as he sang when the words almost got stuck in his throat. A fire back in the 1950's had a choir boy and a young organ player not realize that they had passed on to the other side. She smiled at him as the statue of Christ painted the church white again like it used to be. Pamela watched the new organ player sit down as the music became a wedding ceremony. Michael placed a ring on her finger in a year that didn't really matter. My name is unimportant, but I took he wedding photos where you can look up Oklahoma and old churches....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on January 23, 2015
Last Updated on January 23, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing