Jerry's Car Service..by Michael

Jerry's Car Service..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Two total strangers sat a few stools away where most drown their loneliness with unseen tears. Nancy got change from her last twenty dollar bill and then tipped the bartender as she said goodnight. George did the same and both ended up a block away walking into the car service that would take them home. The dispatcher announced that the next car was available as both stood up at the same time waiting for their ride. George said "if it alright with you, maybe we can share this ride so the other doesn't have to wait for another car"? "He can drop you off first , then me afterwards". Nancy agreed and they both sat in the back seat as she told her address to the driver. George couldn't believe his ears as it was the exact same address as his. It was an apartment building, just on different floor. "Looks like we're going to the same place", Nancy said. The huge tip to the driver was on George as he suddenly felt that this was a meeting destined to happen. Each pressed the elevator button and then looked at each other like the evening had just begun. "I'm hungry, want to ride one more floor and I'll fix us both something to eat"? George replied "yes, and thank you for asking me". There were no more unseen tears of loneliness as a short three months later he moved in with her. The following summer they drove to a rented hall where they were to be married. George made a special phone call to a special place that changed their lives around. They sat in a back seat of a car that would take them to their honeymoon. He was glad to save the business card of Jerry's Car Service. On loves path we make a few stops to get there...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This has a feeling of hope.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

9 Years Ago

I agee 100%

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
1 Review
Added on January 30, 2015
Last Updated on January 30, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing