It Was Mom..by Michael

It Was Mom..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Tubes and wires were attached to my mom in the hospital that I was visiting. She went into a coma after surgery and was now on life support. I was only twenty three years old and mom was still a young forty six. Not a time to expect nor lose a parent for anybody. One year later her condition had not improved and the doctors asked me if they should keep her on life support or pull the plug. I decided to pull the plug as this was not a life to be lived. I held her hand and said, "mom...it's alright to go now". She squeezed my hand and smiled as a tear fell from her eye. That was her approval as her spirit passed on to where it needed to go to. My wedding was the following year and I felt my mom's presence there. The scent of the perfume she used to wear was right next to me. I knew then that she attended my wedding. Maybe there is a visit to a hospital, then a visit to the other side where we need to go to when our time is up. She somehow knew about my wedding and attended as I felt that for sure. A kiss on my cheek was felt before the wedding was over. It was mom...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on February 21, 2015
Last Updated on February 21, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing