Subtle Signs..by Michael

Subtle Signs..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

The loneliness crept in like shadows after sunset by a front door. It was in the corner of my bedroom where a cricket rubbed its legs together as the chirping melody soothed my soul. I knew I was not alone. There was a comfort in that and a tear rolled down my cheek for subtle signs. The morning sun peeked through the window with a tapping on its pane. A robin red breast sat outside and sang her song. The loneliness was still there, but my heart absorbed the subtle signs that made me smile. A summer rain and thunder storms pounded outside a bedroom window as my hands covered my head with a single pillow that had no company. My footsteps moved to the kitchen in search of another drink that would maybe put me to sleep. A vase of water that sat on the table with a new rose had a beautiful black and orange monarch butterfly sitting on a petal. Its wings just moved up and down without flying away as two antenna pointed at me. This most beautiful creature flew and landed on my shoulder for a brief moment, then disappeared out of the slightly opened kitchen window. The rose seemed to bloom to a full grown flower right before my eyes. The things that kept me company had me smile and realize I was never really alone. It was after sunset by a front door that a knock woke me up. She was lost and needed directions to find her way back home. Subtle signs were revealed in our brief conversation of crickets, robin red breasts, summer rain and thunder storms, vases with a rose, and a black and orange monarch butterfly. Our tears ran together that evening after sunset when we kissed not out of loneliness, but knowing that we are never alone. Between two pillows a ring lay that probably has been there all along. "I love you also" was spoken by both of us. Subtle signs....

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on March 28, 2015
Last Updated on March 28, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing