A Vacancy Sign..by Michael

A Vacancy Sign..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

The motel sign had the word vacancy flashed in neon green. It was just a point in the road of his journey to a quick stop for a two day rest until his final destination. The bar down the road within walking distance had nightly entertainment and he sat down at a quiet table and ordered a beer. The waitress returned and asked if there was anything else he needed. He showed her an old photo of his missing daughter from twenty years ago and asked, "ever this seen girl before"? Her memory flashed back to a time when she ran away from home and then replied, "yes..that's me"! "Forgive me daddy, but it was something I had to do at that time in my stupid life. He put his arm around his daughters shoulder as she put hers around his waist. They walked together outside of the bar as they both checked out. His car made a U-turn and went back to New York where it all began. She hugged the mom that hadn't been seen by her for so many years as the three of them caught up on times that were so dearly missed. Somewhere on a highway from a place to go to that needed to be returned was a vacancy sign that was fullfilled...

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on April 12, 2015
Last Updated on April 12, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing