Hot Buttered Popcorn..by Michael

Hot Buttered Popcorn..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

Arlene was on her way to a bowling ally she often attended on the weekend. This particular Friday evening she had an unexpected detour, or fork in the road which made her had a change of mind. A local movie theater was on the way there only a block before the bowling ally. A title of a movie she read about not too long ago and wanted to see when it was released to the theaters. Arlene got out of her parked car just to see tonight's schedule of starting and ending times. It would begin in fifteen minutes as she left her car just where it was and decided on this sudden change of plans. The show was about to begin as she noticed the guy sitting next to her with a large box of buttered popcorn. Arlene regretted not having to go to the snack bar first as Andy noticed her looking at his snack quite often. "We can share this if you want to, there is plenty here for the both of us", he said to her. That was how they first met and eventually continued that evening together at a late dinner restaurant. She found out from him that he was on the way to a bowling ally when the title of a movie he wanted to see was on the way there. Same decision at the same fork in the road which led them sitting next to each other. Arlene laughed out loud two years later at their wedding reception. It was when one of the waiters served their dessert. Just for the bride and groom, a large box of hot buttered popcorn...
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
Added on May 12, 2015
Last Updated on May 12, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing