Our Last Chapter..by Michael

Our Last Chapter..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

He was a successful writer and author of quite a few books of short stories. This was quite incredible as Mickey was only twenty five years old. He would personally answer each and everyone of his fan mail that came in through his web site. One caught his attention, not from a fan but from a mother whose daughter was in the hospital dying from advanced cancer. "My twenty year old daughter has a huge crush on you and asked if it would be possible to autograph your latest book "A Matter Of Healing" which I had bought for her". Mickey responded with a definite "Yes, I will be there for her". He took a flight to another state as mom picked him up from the airport. My daughter Marilyn will be so surprised and happy to see you in person", she said to the author sitting next to her on the way to the hospital. They both shed some emotional tears as Mickey squeezed moms hand in a gesture of comfort. The elevator stopped on the third floor as two concerned people walked into the patients room. Marilyn had just enough strength to hug her favorite author around his neck before he would autograph the book. "I would like you to read the last chapter on page 135 right now", he said to her. Within five minutes she had done so. It described an author who visited a patient that was miraculously healed by a short story of fiction that became a reality. Marilyn was released from the hospital just one week later as the doctors scratched their heads in disbelief. It was two years when the newly married couple sat in their living room. Mom was there also. A now best seller book sit preserved in a glass case. A book mark stood out from page 135 to remind them of an event of a short love story which was now our last chapter....
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
Added on July 29, 2015
Last Updated on July 29, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing