When Your Only Lonely..by Michael

When Your Only Lonely..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

He was a lonely cricket and didn't rub his legs together much anymore. No longer a song to be played beneath the night skies. One morning a caterpillar munched on a milk weed plant just above where the depressed cricket sat. She felt his sorrow and introduced herself to him. He smiled and welcomed the new friend into his boring life. They would meet on a daily basis after an attraction was felt by both of them. She also was lonely and felt the need for companionship as two of the most unlikely species would feel this way about each other. Time passed by as nature took its course. She told him that soon she would look very different, yet still have the same thoughts and emotions. The cricket waited patiently for her return as a cocoon was spun and eventually became a butterfly. He rode on her back as they traveled to different gardens and their love for each other just grew more with each passing day. She was happy to see him rubbing his legs together once as the cricket sang his love song beneath the night skies. A variety of guests attended their wedding at a garden that both had previously picked out. Canaries and other birds sang for them as a frog who was the best man at the ceremony croaked his approval. Maybe nature has its way, whether it be the little or big in humans of a different kind. As long as we get together when your only lonely.....
 
 
 
[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

386 Views
Added on August 6, 2015
Last Updated on August 6, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing