To Bring It Back..by Michael

To Bring It Back..by Michael

A Story by Michael Reisman

I fell asleep on the subway ride home. It was after a night out of heavy drinking to celebrate the upcoming weekend. "Last stop, everybody off", the voice said over the intercom speakers throughout the subway cars. I missed where I had to get off only three stops before. My left front pocket was open as it was slashed by a razor while I slept. Drivers license, credit card, photos, and one hundred dollars in cash was stolen from the wallet that used to be there. I was lucky enough to get a free token from the man behind the window after I told him what had happened. Finally I got home and slept off the nightmare which ruined my weekend. The doorbell rang one week later as  a stranger held up my missing wallet in front of my face. I invited her in to my home to thank her for returning it to me. It turned out that she was one of four gang members roaming the subway cars that evening. Her guilty conscience and a somewhat attraction to me made her steal back the wallet and leave the gang she was in. A new life for the both of us was about to begin. I kissed my bride one year later as she said shortly afterwards, "You left your wallet at home, but I remembered to bring it back"....


[email protected]

© 2015 Michael Reisman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was wild and romantic in a crazy way..

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Reisman

8 Years Ago

It sure was and glad you liked it. See my 19 books of short stories at www.michaelreisman.net

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

409 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 5, 2015
Last Updated on November 5, 2015

Author

Michael Reisman
Michael Reisman

Eastchester, NY



About
My new website is My new website is michaelsbooksofshortstories.godaddysites.com My email address is [email protected] more..

Writing