Another Bruise, Another Lie

Another Bruise, Another Lie

A Story by Ana
"

It's about a woman who gets beaten and she kept denying to everyone until one day she lost her daughter.

"

Another bruise to cover up, another lie to tell. No mother he didn’t hit me, I just fell. You wake up and think it’s your fault, that you provoke him. It’s fine because he loves you, that’s his way of showing you love. You don’t let nobody tell you anything about him, in your eyes he is the greatest. Even when he tells you he won’t do it again he will, trust me he will. I use to see the way my father use to hit my mother, I would stand in the closet with the door open but just enough so I can peek but not be seen. I would see the way she cried as he hit her, screamed at her and threw her against the floor. Tears rolling down my face wondering why he was hitting her, I wanted to defend her but I couldn’t I was too scared. After he was done he would leave, my mom would get up and dry up her tears, clean up the blood and head straight to a makeup box. She would tell herself “he loves you, you just provoked him” she would act like nothing happened. My mom was miserable and always irritated, she never fed me because she was scared that my father would get mad and hit her if she wasn’t fast enough and was at his feet. That went on for 13 years, I am 16 now and my mother has passed away. My father is in jail and I have to go to therapy every single day. So trust me when I say that he will do it again.


Another bruise to cover up, another lie to tell. No mother he didn’t hit me, I just fell. Here goes another day where you lie to your child no sweetie your father didn’t hit me, I just fell from the bed. Your child was 4 at the time so she was easy to fool, now she’s 10 and she is having some doubts, you try and lie again but this time she tells you that she saw everything. You feel your heart break, it turns into a million pieces. You finally realized that he didn’t love you, and he broke his promises. You realize he was the worst kind of father. You call the police, but it takes a while but in that moment he bursts through the door he grabs you by the hair and he starts hitting you. He is drunk and he has a gun. Your daughter tries to stop him while you get away and as you got up to run away you hear a gunshot, it feels like it has gone through you but you turn and see that it was your daughter. As she is laying in a pool of blood, you drop to your knees your head is spinning you feel dizzy. When you wake up you see that you’re in a hospital room, you come back to your senses and deliberately scream my daughter! My daughter where is my daughter? The doctor comes with a sad look on his face, I’m sorry to inform you ma’am but your daughter has passed away. She received a gunshot straight on her heart, we couldn’t save her,  your daughter is dead.


Another bruise to cover up, another lie to tell. No mother he didn’t hit … actually, yes mother he hit me. I didn’t have the guts to tell you till now. I have nothing left, my daughter is gone and it is all my fault. She is dead and I can’t get her back now, she was trying to defend me from that monster but she died instead. This goes out to all the women that get hit and can’t realize that the next victim could be your kids. Open your eyes and see that he doesn’t love you, he will always break his promises, even when he says “I won’t do it again” he will. Realize it before it’s too late.

© 2016 Ana


Author's Note

Ana
Please share your thoughts, and express your opinions but not in a bad manner.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The above lines are true wisdom.
"Open your eyes and see that he doesn’t love you, he will always break his promises, even when he says “I won’t do it again” he will. Realize it before it’s too late. "
Abusers don't change. Better to escape a bad relationship than accept abuse. Thank you Ana for sharing your powerful words and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ana

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review , it means a lot I am honored
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I'm honored to be able to read your work and you are welcome.



Reviews

I'm not even exaggerating when I say you moved me to tears. Fantastic job and if it's based on your personal life, I'd love to give you a big hug.

Posted 6 Years Ago


The above lines are true wisdom.
"Open your eyes and see that he doesn’t love you, he will always break his promises, even when he says “I won’t do it again” he will. Realize it before it’s too late. "
Abusers don't change. Better to escape a bad relationship than accept abuse. Thank you Ana for sharing your powerful words and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ana

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review , it means a lot I am honored
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I'm honored to be able to read your work and you are welcome.
I like how every paragraph starts off with the same line, to remind us what the writer is going through, as it shows how they are getting beaten by try so hard to justify it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ana

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review.
Warrior

8 Years Ago

You are very welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2016
Last Updated on April 7, 2016

Author

Ana
Ana

Hardeeville, SC



About
I have a big passion for writing poems, stories and other things. I just write whatever comes to my mind, sometimes is relate-able and helpful. more..

Writing
In-between In-between

A Story by Ana


A Way Out A Way Out

A Story by Ana



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic


Take Me Take Me

A Poem by Bryanna