reviewing and rating others works

reviewing and rating others works

A Story by ABG 2.0
"

each has their own way ...

"

reviewing and rating others works



how now brown cow
simple and distinct.

confused? having problem finding the rhythm, or avoiding the stumble blocks of no comma, no period ... and god forbid, no
CAPS!

welcome to reality, welcome to written words of no manner other than that which they are ... only words and simple words at that.

sure one could substitute bovine for cow, or tawny tan for brown, or what's happening for how or even present moment for now ...

what's happening this moment tawny tan bovine?

but that's not how it was written or how it should be.

it is a product of the thought and construction
by the one that took time to place pen to paper.
to suggest that
your version, your trespass upon another's verse making it yours rather than theirs is at best larceny, aggressive theft and insult to boot.

oh yes, i have seen all the awards and badges your
nome de plume so makes note of ...

good for you.

it appears that you have found a comfortable niche in which to take space, find refuge amongst those that agree with your manner of prose.

again, good for you.

the rest of us, especially the '
newbies' as called by those of long time membership, as if it gives validation of one's works, know that many of 'us' have been out here in the real world of exposure subject to real critique by all, not just friendlies.

caps, commas, periods or fancy words do not a good piece of written word make.
substance ... honest expression ... uniqueness, that's what makes one piece shine over another, not conformity to regulated, mandated format of archaic design.
it's 2017 not 1500 or even 1850.
this is a different day with different peoples not so unlike those of before but still different.

don't tell me my work has an
odiferous perfume to it ... just say it stinks, stinks to high heaven.
use the speak of the everyday man, not only words of high horse crusaders that produce one after another
cookie cutter wording that requires a thesaurus to explain intent.


the sun rises in the east and sets in the west but we all see it
differently each and every time.

have an
open mind that gives much consideration to each one's unique interpretation of life, it's joys, it's sorrows, it's respect to individuality.
judge the other's written word on the manner they present rather than that which you follow.

and no ...
not everything has been said before ... if so, then why are you here?

where would the likes of
whitman, gibran, cummings, thoreau, hemingway, twain, kerouac, sandburg and even vonnegot or ginsberg, where would they be if judged by closed mind?

your choice, eh?

© 2017 ABG 2.0


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

True words my friend. We should not judge in the context of our own voices, but by the context of the voices heard. This is the magic, the art, the catalyst..that's how we learn and discover....Hemingway would certainly agree with your story!

Posted 6 Years Ago


ABG 2.0

6 Years Ago

papa is one of my favorite authors
'hills like white elephants' ... the best of the bearded w.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 24, 2017
Last Updated on August 24, 2017

Author

ABG 2.0
ABG 2.0

NC



About
a return from a needed absence ... body, mind and soul. who I am, what i be ... i write about that from which many shy. i am not afraid. i know the costs of living life for all it's worth. .. more..

Writing
windows windows

A Poem by ABG 2.0


it is cold it is cold

A Poem by ABG 2.0


2.0 2.0

A Poem by ABG 2.0



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Charlie Charlie

A Story by Kathryn Smith