The past and present with an unknown future

The past and present with an unknown future

A Story by deepblue04

                Running down the corridors underground surprisingly became a new part of my life.  I can’t see anything down underground, but my friend, Asperon, guides me.  He is a dark elf that became a rogue because his old life was too difficult for him to handle.  Not necessarily difficult, it’s just he couldn’t agree with what his people believe in.

                “Aaah, this was where my father taught me sword fighting,” He said.  Asperon had an accident a while back to where he got amnesia and lost a lot of memories about himself.  I was the one that nursed him.  I don’t know how he got into the upper world.  He doesn’t remember much of what happen either.

                “Were you close to your father?” I asked wondering if it could trigger something of his old life.

                “I remember!  He was the one that gave me the philosophy that I believe in.”

                “Asperon, where are you?”  I asked.  I couldn’t felt him in front of me anymore.

                “What am I going to do with you Indilwen?”  He grabbed a hold of my hand.

                “You know I can’t see in the dark!”

                “Okay, okay.”  He said. 

                “How much longer do we have to stay down here?”  I asked. The only reason why I came down was so I can see if Asperon can remember anything.

                “We can go up.  I think I have remember enough today.”  We got to the beginning of the cave where the light hits.  Both of us shield our eyes with the hands so that the sun won’t blind us too much.  After being in the upper world for a little bit, we dropped our hands and started back to my house.

                “Indilwen, how did you find me again?”

                “Whenever I was going to get water, I saw your body at the bank.”  I could never forget that day.  Seeing a body with such a dark complexion with purple hues instead of brown scared me.  Not to mention the point that his hair was snow white.

                We got up to my house and got the weapons to hunt.  After an hour or so, I went back to find Asperon had two bags of game, whereas I only had one.

                “How did you get that many in such a short time?”  I asked.

                “Sight in the upper world is not as keen as the sight in the underworld.”

                “That’s not fair.  I wished I had something like.”  I said to myself.              

                “Don’t think like that.  You are better than the other elves that I met.”  He said coming up to me.  I started walking up to him.

                “What do you mean by that?”

                “You are beautiful, loving, caring, and talented.  Whereas everyone else that I have met only met one of these qualities.”  He was just inches away from me.  I felt the heat coming to my face.  His memory is coming back for someone that had an accident two months ago.

                “Are your memories coming back quickly?”

                “Yes, with each passing day.  At times, it overwhelms me.”

                “I guess that’s good.”  I didn’t want Asperon to go so quickly.  I was growing fond of him.

                “Indilwen, I know that face when I see it.  Are you thinking that I’m going to leave as soon as I recover all of my memories?”      

                “Yes! You have kept a lot of things about yourself from me!  Why shouldn’t I think that?”  I yelled at him.  He came up and hugged me.  I was fighting from his embrace, but his embrace kept on getting stronger.

                “I’m sorry Indilwen.”  He whispered in my ear.  I slowly stopped fighting of his embrace.  I really don’t know what to do with him.  He’s so sweet to me; it’s hard to be mad at him.

                “I didn’t mean to keep things from you.  I was concerned if you wanted to know more about me or not.  Because the more I learned about myself the more I am afraid if I am going to hurt you or not.”  He said still holding the embrace.

                “What do you mean?  You’ve been the same since I found you.”  I said.  I wonder what he’s talking about.

                “When I was living in the underworld, I was trained to kill.  Not the killing that you do because of food, no, this was cold and cruel killing?”

                “What do you mean?”  I asked breaking the embrace.

                “I mean, my people killed for power.  Whenever one family kills the head of another family, they are able to claim their place.  That’s why each family is taught about the weapons, especially the sons.  My father taught me all about the different kinds of weapons that existed down there, although he was against the beliefs of my people.”

                “I kind of understand, but how did you get to the surface?”  I asked trying to help, but more so to help myself understand the situation.

                “My father gave me the signal that it was the time to escape, and so I did.  My mother was furious and sent spirits after me.  One of them was my father.”  He said.  He gave a little sigh.  Tears started to come out his ice-blue iris eyes.  “My father’s true self was able to come out in the end.  However, I had to free his spirit.  After long time investigating the caves with my panther, Fielel, we were able to get up to the surface.”

                “Wait, I didn’t see a panther with you though.”  I said.

                “Fielel and I were attacked by a village close to the cave that we came out.  It was two days after our first sight of the surface.  He died on the spot.  I was able to escape to the river.”  He said with sober.

                “That’s why you were badly injured.”  I said.  I walked over to him and gave him a hug.  I started to understand his nature more.  He was so sweet, and yet he experiences a terrible past.  “Asperon, I want to stay with you.”       

                “I do too, Indilwen.”

© 2012 deepblue04


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel like I'm getting a lot of information out of order. I like the plot so far--I want to know more about Asperon's past, but I also want the characters to do something other than run down a corridor.

Also, your description devolves into long batches of conversation. That is hard to concentrate on. I want to see where the characters are, what they're doing, wearing, and thinking about.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The story is very good. I wanted to know more. The storyline was powerful. I like the description in the story. You could expand to a very good tale. I like the strong characters. Thank you for sharing the outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your story displays a lot of imagination. You might consider a little more description of scenes, places and characters. In the second paragraph, the last line, you used the word 'happen' when you probably meant 'happened'. I'm sure you will catch those kinds of errors when you slowly do your proofread. You're a good story teller.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 10, 2012
Last Updated on June 10, 2012

Author

deepblue04
deepblue04

DeRidder, LA



About
Hi! My name is Susan. I love reading and writing poetry! I will accept any friend request and will review any type of writing. I like to listen to k-pop/rock, rock. Blue is my favorite color. M.. more..

Writing
Winter Winter

A Poem by deepblue04


That one day That one day

A Chapter by deepblue04





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5