The Sky is Falling

The Sky is Falling

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

They don't know anymore than you how to ease your life's pain Nor do they know why the winds blow or how to make the skies rain

"


"A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her. "
"Drown in a cold vat of whiskey? Death, where is thy sting?"
"More people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol!"
 W. C. Fields

We knew them as rainmakers

in days that have long passed

Now they claim to be enlightened

from this incarnation they're  cast

 

They come from out of the woodwork

these prophets of the Lord

Claiming to be God's right hand man

here just to give you your reward

 

The story is always the same

bring your souls and your means

Grow a ladder to the heavens

 by planting a few magic beans

 

Please forgive me the resemblance

with the child's tale long told

Perhaps they've been around as long

as the prophecies they've foretold

 

So the next time someone tells you

that they know the Lord's will

Feel the cold winds whistling by

it's their conscience that gives you chill

 

We see each and every time

demons never appear

And all the predictions they made

were built on nothing more than fear

 

They don't know anymore than you

how to ease your life's pain

Nor do they know why the winds blow

or how to make the skies rain

 

Tate














Available Now





Available Now






© 2013 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
It never seems to end. These prophets predicting doom. The time before it was the Millennium. This time a date from prophecy. Always it is the same story these phony prophets of the scriptures. And always they leave nothing but heartache and disbelief in their wake.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Excellent points and very well written. In my opinion, the only prophets (for a lack of a better term) that exist are within ourselves. By that I mean, I believe that we create our own reality; thus we choose to create outwardly what we think and feel on the inside (both individually and collectively). Unfortunately the negative seems to be outweighing the positive, but we are still able to see beauty and joy in life despite all the negativity trying to overshadow it all. That's just my opinion though... This was an excellent piece that was a pleasure to read. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

False prophets. Religion is based of fear.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Brilliant! This'll be a topic we both can agree. Love it Tate!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tate Morgan

11 Years Ago

thank you
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
A very great piece of work, people do foolish things because of their negative outcomes of life they try to scare people of what they believed to be true. I hope that people are strong enough for the power of their persuasiveness..its just that reality makes us weak because of economy and life itself then we turn to superstitious belief.
Wonderful work mr. Tate.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Tate, BRILLIANT piece. The last stanza is amazing. I agree with broken soul, the only prophets that exist are within us. People create fear for control. Amazing piece:)

-Cord

Posted 11 Years Ago


So the next time someone tells you
that they know the Lord's will
Feel the cold winds whistling by
it's their conscience that gives you chill
wise words in this piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You pose some serious questions which force my mind to push the walls that limit my thinking....... i'm obliged to to give you a garland of appreciation for your extraordinary skills.......
It is a perfect poem which follows a decent rhyming scheme and conveys a potent message..... Thanks again Tate!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Excellent .. and more so the way it is ended .. and what you have written is very true and this needs to be spread .. I have seen so many with is much blind faith in these 'rainmakers' that they fall to the level of being controlled by them ..
Great write ..

Posted 12 Years Ago


I fully agree with you on this. But this can also be applied in general to religion and faiths. I personally don't understand why people need to believe in something supernatural. If they need to believe in something then it should be in themselves. If you fail it's your fault, not some may believe entity. If one needs to be part of something bigger go and join one of the many communities that are working hard to better our world. It's not the actions of god, but of men we should fear. As they are the only things that can change this world. Only you can solve your own troubles and direct your live, no one can do it for you. As you told, it's all build on fear and I have no need to be afraid my whole life. So I laugh and go on with my life building on world that is based on love, not on fear. (Damn, I probably got carried away a bit too much. Well, it's a testament on the quality of your work =D)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is absolutely amazing. The way it's written is very convincing. I LOVE the last line, it's so true!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I believe that some of the prophets that are making vain predictions and call it prophecy are the ones that lack knowledge of the word of God. Prophets of God have spoken over my life and many of those prophecies have come to pass. So it depends what kind of knowledge in the word of God they have and if they are really being spirit led. ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3366 Views
75 Reviews
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on May 24, 2011
Last Updated on December 20, 2013
Tags: Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Rebecca Rebecca

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Greed Greed

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Why? Why?

A Poem by Tate Morgan