The Ancient Forces

The Ancient Forces

A Story by Ashley Lytle

A young girl moves into a new house and discovers that the other kids in town think it's haunted. Determined to fit in she begins to invent ghost stories to tell at school in order to get attention. The more stories she tells though, the more frightened she becomes of the house and the angrier the house became.
Madeline was unaware of the ancient forces she had awaken, she was only 14 after all. Her mom, father, brother, and her had just moved to Portland, OR. They had been living in California but her dad's work had transferred him.
Slowly her stories began to come true. The more she made up the stranger the events within their new house was. They didn't live in the heart of Portland. They actually lived more on the outskirts. Their house was surrounded by tree's and their neighbors couldn't be seen or heard.
One of the first in a series of strange events that took place was when the knives disappeared. She had been chopping onions for the meal she was making and had turned around for a few seconds to grab the other half. When she turned back around all the knives had vanished into thin air.
Her parents couldn't understand how she had misplaced all of the knives. They looked all over the kitchen but couldn't find them anywhere. That is until Madeline went to bed. Right there on her bed was all of the knives and they were placed in a circle formation.
She remembered telling the other kids at her school that things would disappear and then reappear later but in a different location. She never imagined it to be anything like this though.
This wasn't the only mysterious event that took place. She would hear laughter and footsteps all the time. At first she would only hear them at night but then she started hearing them throughout the day as well. Sometimes she swore she could hear them say her name. One night she heard them say, "you're gonna regret this Madeline. You've awaken the evil." The voices she then heard continue to walk off laughing their high pitched laugh.
The ancient forces began to invade Madeline's dreams. It was just them trying to give her a fair warning of what would come.
Madeline began to become sleepless. The terror overwhelming her. She begged her parents to move trying to warn them of what was going to happen. They thought she was just acting out because she wanted to go back to California.
With no one believing she was serious she began to withdraw. The ancient forces were no longer confined to her house and they began to follow her to school and continue to terrorize her there.
As the days past and the ancient forces grew stronger Madeline prepared for what would come. Her petty little stories had angered the forces and they planned to go through with their biggest plan yet. When they awoken thousands died. They left their mark. To be degraded to nothing more then mere stereotypical haunts pissed them off.
Halloween night arrived and Madeline sat staring at the clock waiting for it to be 7:01pm. Her parents were sitting in the living room watching the news while her brother went through all the candy they had. They'd given her fair warning but she had been powerless to stop the dreadful events from taking place.
The clock passed 7:01pm and she waited for the news to hit media outlets and for the chaos to began. By 7:30pm it was all over every media outlet in Portland. Thousands of children were missing. Parents reported they had been there and then they remember waking up on the ground. their child gone.
Madeline knew what would come next. She made her way onto the porch awaiting their arrival. Her parents were yelling at her but she didn't hear what they were saying. She was waiting.
Then they arrived. Thousands of children began to come out of the tree's filling her yard. Her parents and brother stood behind her in a trance as they watched the children's arrival. Her dad tried to call the police but he didn't have service.
"I love you guys so very much," Madeline said before the next step in the ancient forces plan began.
Madeline closed her eyes and covered her ears with her hands. It was useless. She could still here her family scream as they were murdered by the invisible forces around them.
All the children would luckily not remember what would happen next. The forces would take over them and an army would be made. A spike in murders would be reported believed to be the work of a new cult. Then the truth would come out. The murderers were the lost children of Portland. They wouldn't know that they were possessed. 
Madeline wouldn't remember either. The ancient one's had special plans for her. The oldest most powerful force of them all would posses her and lead the army. What Madeline didn't know was how devastating this attack would be.
She awaited for the pain to leave and for blackness to take over and sure enough soon she was no more. She was locked up inside her own body as a stranger took over.


Two Months Later

The news reporter took a deep breath and prepared herself for what she had to say. The light turned from red to green and they gave her the signal to began. 
She opened her eyes and looked into the camera and began to read her script, "The world is under attack by an unknown force. It started with children in Portland but has quickly spread even making it's way across the seas. Some are using the word zombies to describe what is happening. The white house has issued a statement saying to stay inside. Do not panic. They are currently working on a way to insure everyone's safety. Keep your doors and windows locked. Please report any unusual activity to the number below. We here at KPTV wish everyone the best of luck as this pandemic spreads. Now to Josh who is on the streets bringing you live coverage of what is going on."
The light turned from green to red and the news reporter layed her head on the table. She had a bad feeling about this and whenever she had a bad feeling something terrible was about to happen.

© 2015 Ashley Lytle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on October 25, 2015
Last Updated on October 28, 2015

Author

Ashley Lytle
Ashley Lytle

OR



About
I self published my first series in 6th grade. It wasn't great but I continue to improve it from time to time. I hope to be able to connect with other people who share the same passion for writing as .. more..

Writing
Reborn Reborn

A Poem by Ashley Lytle