Chapter 4 The Offer

Chapter 4 The Offer

A Chapter by WritersSoul

I walked home. I was rushed around from job to job in this stinking heat wave, I was sweaty and exhausted.
      Michael, before I left, wanted to know where I lived. But I couldn't bare the sight if he ever seen my house. I'd never show my face again.
When I got home, daddy was sitting at the kitchen table with his head in his hands... It looked like he had been crying.
       "Daddy?" I rushed to him.
My heart was thumping low in my chest, I was scared and worried.
        He looked up at me with big sad eyes, he had been crying. I hugged him, he was shaking.
        "Daisy," He said with a shaky voice. "We are broke, and. . . will be for the next two weeks. The fridge is broke and its got nothing in it, we have nothing, so I'm sending you to your nan--" I cut him off, knowing what I had in my pocket wasn't great, but it'd help.
        I fished out my pocket my £10, I smiled and placed it on the table in front of him.
"I earned this, daddy, and I want you to have it." I smiled, my daddy kept making tears flow. I felt utterly helpless.
        "Daisy," He whispered. "You keep it." He pushed it towards me. I picked it up and just looked at it. "Besides your nan's house is bigger, and more safer and she accepts you for who you are."
         My daddy's mother is halfcaste, and she was married to a black person, my granddad whom I never met since he died from veing beat to death by a gang of white people.
         "But--but daddy--"
"But nothing!" He stood, he couldn't look at me. "I can't afford anything for you, and my mother can take good care of you as much as I can."
           I looked at him speechless, I didn't wanna leave him all alone.
I was going to run to my room, then a knock came on the door.
          Me and daddy shared a questioning look. I skipped to the door to find Michael standing there.


Me and Michael sat at the kitchen table, my daddy was calling nana from a phone somewhere else to let her know I was coming.
          "How did you know where I live?" I fidgeted with my money he gave me, I felt awkward and comfortable at the same time.
           "Well. . .Don't get me wrong," He started to stare into space. "I sorta followed you, since you forgot this." He handed me a bag, a posh looking bag. It held the window wiper. I smiled, to think he'd come all the way over here to give me it.
            "Thanks." I smiled.
His blue eyes looked at me, then looked away. His smile was sort of embarrassed and cool like.
My daddy came in and looked at Michael like a target. He was never ok with 'white' people since he has had issues, but he knew Michael was different.
            "Daisy," We all looked at daddy. "Your nan' is expecting you tomorrow."
I nodded, however, Michael looked confused.
            "Sorry sir-"
"Call me Big K." Daddy smiled as well as me.
             "Okay, Big K," Michael smiled, "But where is Daisy going?"
"To live with her nan'," Daddy looked around the house, Michael followed his gaze. "As you can see, this place will probably break down on us soon." My heart squeezed at the thought of that, I couldn't bear to lose the only man in my life who means so much to me.
              "Well Big K, why doesn't Daisy live with me for a while?" Michael seemed very impressed.
               Both mine and daddy's jaws were hanging open.


© 2011 WritersSoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

he died from veing beat to death by a gang of white people.
-he was beaten to death

i was going to my room WHEN there was a knock on the door.
i think michael's idea is terrible. there's no way his horrid mother will let her stay, unless he had a secret place for her to stay at...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

he died from veing beat to death by a gang of white people.
-he was beaten to death

i was going to my room WHEN there was a knock on the door.
i think michael's idea is terrible. there's no way his horrid mother will let her stay, unless he had a secret place for her to stay at...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very bold proposition indeed....exciting stuff!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loveeee this chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's hope her dad says yesss!! :)
Can't wait for chapter 5 x)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 28, 2011
Last Updated on October 13, 2011


Author

WritersSoul
WritersSoul

South Shields, bloop, United Kingdom



About
I am Beth/Bethan/Terri-Beth as my friends like to call, and I'm 15, 29/04/96, and started writing when I was about 13..? And now I get depression really bad and do things I should'nt and thats why I w.. more..

Writing