22nd march' 1994

22nd march' 1994

A Chapter by Bhavya Kaushik

Previous Version
This is a previous version of 22nd march' 1994.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

..

 

CHAPTER - 1

 

 

22nd march ' 1994

 

Dear Diary

 

It was surely a special day today, I went to my new school and it was the first day which made it even more special. But again, on the same side I was sad because it was my fifth school over past eight years. Life is not as easy as it seems when you needs to change your school, your city and your friends every year. I agree it’s a part of my dad's job and as family we have to accept it but surely my childhood was not as normal as it should be because of my dad's job. It's very hard to adjust with new friends because each year I have to start from the starting and that too when everyone stares at you as a complete stranger. But now I'm in an habit of this life and both me and my mom has accepted that it's in our fate to not to live a normal life that we all somehow  dream about.

 

Well, the day started out well. My dad went to his job early in morning (like always) and then my mom insisted me to drop me to the  school since it was my first day at this new school (yet again), so my mom wanted to be there with me. She is just like any other mom, a perfect homemaker and really cares a lot about me. I also do share a lot of things about my life to her, because I don't have any sibling or so called any "best friend" (because whenever I make any good friend, my dad gets a transfer call). So, I'm very transparent to my mom and she really knows me very well. But wait! It doesn't mean that I share each and every thing about my life to her. There are just few secrets which should never be told to anyone.

 

Anyways, as I was saying that the day went very well. My mom dropped me and then I got the timetable for my classes and then finally I entered my first class (obviously, I got late while searching for the class), it was my trigonometry class and I entered in middle of it. A teacher (her name was Miss Brown I guess, but I really can't remember) saw me and I told her about me, so later on she introduced me to the class and continued her lecture. There was just one seat available there for me to sit. But then I saw someone sitting next to that seat which really made my day so special. She was writing something on her notebook (may be I guess, she was solving some trigonometric problem or could be making Miss Brown's cartoon), but her shinny black hair were all messed up and were coming over and over again to her face. Then as she saw me watching her, she covered her hair and gave me a look. Her eyes, her sparkling blue eyes saw me and I was continuously looking at her eyes which were forcing me to fall in love for her.

 

But Miss Brown interrupted that beautiful moment and asked me to have a seat and she also said Natasha (oh yes, I just at that time discovered her name) to help me with all the pending work. She smiled and said that she would surely help me.

 

Later on after that class Natasha came to me and introduced herself to me and I did the same. She saw my timetable and arranged all the classes for me. Also, she gave me all of her notes and other pending work. Then we went to cafeteria and had a good conversation. I was surely on cloud nine and was finding it hard to believe because every time I went to a new school I experienced a very different behavior from everyone (as if like I was a an alien from mars), but this time it was so different and  Natasha made me feel so comfortable, she made it all so different…

 

Then after when school got over, Natasha told me about her home and we found that we were from neighborhood area. I thought of getting into bus but then she insisted to walk and then that's what we did.

It was just about a walk of ten minutes from school to home but really it felt as if it was a walk of just a minute with her. Meanwhile, when we were walking she shared about her experiences at school and how her best friend used her. She also complained a lot about how few groups have hijacked the entire school atmosphere. I remember one thing which she said that- "If we are not in any chess club or basketball club or any drama club then it doesn't mean that we are not even a part of school".

 

And after her statement, I really thought that how uniquely beautiful this girl is. Well, then it came her home and she thanked me for walking home with her, I did the same and then came back to my home. As I entered, I found my mom waiting and having millions of questions on her mind. I went out of my breath and my mind while answering questions from "how was the day" to "how was the food in cafeteria", but there was just one question which really made me smile…it was "Did you met someone who became your friend". I didn't answer that question but gave my mom a big smile...

 

Later on tonight, while I was sitting alone in the garden, watching all the stars…I thought about nothing else but Natasha and the first time when I saw her. I really can't get that moment out of my memory. I never thought anything about "love at first sight", I always used to think that its only "attraction at first sight" but now I have realized that how wrong I was.

 

I would be a liar if I will say that I never thought about that special person but it's also true that never ever anyone came in my life who according to me could be my special person…except Natasha. I just know (don't ask me why or how, but I just know), that I'm finally in love and Natasha in that person.

 

I don't have any idea about future or even tomorrow, I think I just need to wait for that, for tomorrow to come when I will meet her again. I really can't wait for the sun to rise and this night to fall…meanwhile; I should also go to sleep to dream about this beautiful day.

 

 

Good night!

 

 

 

 

 

  



© 2009 Bhavya Kaushik




Featured Review

I cant believe this... Moving soo much that had to change five schools in 8 years.. I changed 6 schools in 6 years! It is such a messed up thing to experiance. All you wrote is true, the adjustment, the stares the adoption of the situation u are in... it made my heart ache.

No friends bcus of moving.. I wonder if he finally gave up trying to make friends?

*smiles warmly* very soft and sentimental way of describing "the moment I saw her for the 1st time"

This must be a real diary man... The flowing is so natural. Him talking to his mother.. She is just like my mother xD

I am keeping a diary as well. So when I tell you this, I hope it means something for you, makes sense I mean, that monologue you have with a diary has its own taste.. An air of ease and sincerity bcus you know no one else can see it. That air is in your story too. Like it REALLY is someone's diary.

Your style (btw congratz on managing to optain a style) is just striking. It has this intesity in it that I love reading if I can ever find it. You dont overdo it with ancient words and unnecassary details. I just cant believe I found someone like you here... I really dont know how old are you but I already look up to you.. with mere astonishment. You are an inspiration.

Thank you for this.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I cant believe this... Moving soo much that had to change five schools in 8 years.. I changed 6 schools in 6 years! It is such a messed up thing to experiance. All you wrote is true, the adjustment, the stares the adoption of the situation u are in... it made my heart ache.

No friends bcus of moving.. I wonder if he finally gave up trying to make friends?

*smiles warmly* very soft and sentimental way of describing "the moment I saw her for the 1st time"

This must be a real diary man... The flowing is so natural. Him talking to his mother.. She is just like my mother xD

I am keeping a diary as well. So when I tell you this, I hope it means something for you, makes sense I mean, that monologue you have with a diary has its own taste.. An air of ease and sincerity bcus you know no one else can see it. That air is in your story too. Like it REALLY is someone's diary.

Your style (btw congratz on managing to optain a style) is just striking. It has this intesity in it that I love reading if I can ever find it. You dont overdo it with ancient words and unnecassary details. I just cant believe I found someone like you here... I really dont know how old are you but I already look up to you.. with mere astonishment. You are an inspiration.

Thank you for this.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! so, is this book will going to be in the form of diary writing...I mean that is different.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A very good initiation.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Yes, I liked the format. Looking forward to read more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Ah! The format is very interesting and beautiful. I mean, the way with which you have written every chapter like a diary entry. That is very different.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very interesting!
The way you have written the story with Kieth's point of view is what making it more interesting. Good start.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was very interesting. Many grammer mistakes I noticed and that made it all the less interesting. I couldn't fully understand it but I tried the best I could. If you'd like, I could edit it out and send it back to you, but that's only if you'd want me to. Good job overall.

Your neighbor in words,

Mae

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 13, 2009
Last Updated on September 16, 2009


Author

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik

India



About
National bestselling author of the novel, The Other Side of the Bed. You can place an order here: tinyurl.com/tosotb (flipkart) or can download it on your kindle from here: tinyurl.com/tosotbamazon .. more..

Writing