compassion starting as young kid

compassion starting as young kid

A Story by butterfly

i was born in a religious family and im talking about my mom always go to temple every Sunday if she could and she always reminds us to do good deeds, even though we have already have it imprinted in our souls growing up very fortunate. So when i teach my nieces, i want to teach them sharing and giving and truly live life with compassion. The older one has already been practicing compassion at an early age and now the little one also needs to learn the same route. I remember one time the older one asked me what would i do i have a $100 and i honestly didnt have an answer to that because i have everything to start with, but probably i would donated to charity which i have done it many times. Well, unexpectedly she said she would want to give to the unfortunate but then changed her mind and said she wants to save for college because having an education she would be able to do much more than a $100. I can't believe even for an 8 yo to think in the unspeakable kindness really touched my heart. We both went on a mission afterward and spent countless of hours to make glass beads bracelets and we sold over $300 and we donated to Inspiration Smile which i specially asked my older niece which foundation and we both came up with the mentality 'every child deserves a beautiful smile', so forth, we donated it and moved on with life.
Tonight, the young one is also doing something so beautiful that i myself want to let her act upon on herself for this. She came to me early in the day and hugged me so tight and said that she wants some aunty time so i dedicated tonight just being with her. I took her out to a nice restaurant and she asked me to get some for her big sister and even if she doesnt, i always remember the older one because i do want to teach them recognizing sharing is important. We ordered the extra togo and then came the unexpected, we saw the homeless man sat outside by the bench and probably tonight is really cold outside. i have thought maybe we should give this food to a man who is less fortunate than us, but i was waiting to see if the young one would personally pointed out and she did. She was hesitated with each foot step because she was scare of stranger but i brought her over and personally handed the food to the man. As children, i do believe they are like a white piece of paper, and however or whoever gets to write on it, it will be positively or negatively has an impact on the child's life. Whether the older one wants to give much more than a $100 or the young one wanted to give food to someone she doesnt know, but these things are so critical in the early stage of these children and the needs to teach them what sharing, an understanding to give and how to practice compassion properly, and im sure they will be a model citizen for this country disregard of race or color. If children can be so pure and practice compassion, i truly think we adults can do much more and how rewarding to see little children give away something that is also important to them and that sharing, only sharing.

© 2013 butterfly


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

plz use capitalization. otherwise i will feel triggered.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Added on November 5, 2013
Last Updated on November 5, 2013

Author

butterfly
butterfly

About
i am an amateur writer and i write when im sad or happy or random thoughts going through my mind. i love to be kind and always be kind to everyone and even to the meanest person on earth. i feel this .. more..

Writing