Beneath A Full Moon

Beneath A Full Moon

A Poem by BrightEyes

 

On a winter’s eve, cold and clear

Beneath a bright full moon

Seeking answers to my troubles

Needing to find them soon

 

I stood and looked into the woods

Feeling quite forlorn

When from the trees emerged a vision

A gorgeous unicorn

 

He nudged me gently with his head

Offering his horn

With wonder I touched it with my hand

And knew I’d been reborn

 

In quiet awe I watched him leave

Back the way he came

Knowing that from this day on

Nothing would be the same

 

I walked into my empty house

In relative good cheer

Magic had happened here this night

To ring in a New Year

© 2009 BrightEyes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow you capture the wonder of the night of the full moon perfectly. I have to admit as a writer there are a few things that I seem at a loss for words when wanting to describe them and one of those is the magic and etheral feeling of blue moonlit rays on new fallen snow- there is so much more to said about the aura it creates and yet it leaves me dumbfounded but you- you write about it and make it seem so right and make the creating of the vision seem so effortless. Amazing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Within these words, perhaps I cling to what strikes me strongest and perhaps simplest - that as we face the troubles that wear us down, we tend to lose sight of the magic. When the banality of life begins to eat away at our ability to struggle forth (leaving us instead to stumble forth), we need that touch of magic - that reminder that there is more to life than all the mundane concrete, plastic, steel, and glass.

We would do well to find a little magic at the end of each year as we bring in each new year...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Moonlight is one of the greatest magical occurrences Nature bestows on us. You describe it so very well in this piece. I feel true serenity when I read this. The unicorn is an unexpected but especially nice touch. I love poetry that captures imagery and you did a wonderful job with it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is lovely,
it really made me feel
and im putting this in my library.
=)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoy the first stanza very, very much. The rest of the poem is okay, that is, it didn't particularly strike me. It's probably just because I'm not into fantasy, my fault, not yours. But regardless, it's well crafted and when read aloud, flows smoothly and cheerfully.

Have a nice day!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A touch of fantasy that says you will be blessed this new year. I certainly hope you are. The poem is beautiful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Classic!
A real good read.
My child self especially loved it!
Jack

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I wish miracles and magics did happen in my life as well....Nevertheless, I'll wait, till nothing happens i will make my years lovelier with the miracles that are around me....my loved ones.
The way you brought in hope in life with the unicorn was amazing. Such a mystical feeling.

Great write.
Shinjini :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Ah, if only.......... A lovely magical piece hun. I love unicorns and the magic of the moon shining in a dark sky and smiling upon the horn, truly beautiful. XX

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Full moons beckon me and Unicorns intrigue me. I've always believed that a New Year is just that~New. It's a time to clear out the old and bring in the new. Your poem has captured the essence of many of my feelings, thoughts and beliefs. It's wonderful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful poem full of hope - beautifully written and lovely flow.

Enjoyed it a lot

Mystic

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

989 Views
56 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on June 12, 2009

Author

BrightEyes
BrightEyes

PA



About
This is not my favorite Frost poem, but it is my first Frost poem. Dropped within another book I was reading at age 9, I never forgot it. While I wrote short stories at the time, it was my inspirati.. more..

Writing
Every Day Every Day

A Poem by BrightEyes



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Seed The Seed

A Poem by Dezaraye