Beneath A Full Moon

Beneath A Full Moon

A Poem by BrightEyes

 

On a winter’s eve, cold and clear

Beneath a bright full moon

Seeking answers to my troubles

Needing to find them soon

 

I stood and looked into the woods

Feeling quite forlorn

When from the trees emerged a vision

A gorgeous unicorn

 

He nudged me gently with his head

Offering his horn

With wonder I touched it with my hand

And knew I’d been reborn

 

In quiet awe I watched him leave

Back the way he came

Knowing that from this day on

Nothing would be the same

 

I walked into my empty house

In relative good cheer

Magic had happened here this night

To ring in a New Year

© 2009 BrightEyes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow you capture the wonder of the night of the full moon perfectly. I have to admit as a writer there are a few things that I seem at a loss for words when wanting to describe them and one of those is the magic and etheral feeling of blue moonlit rays on new fallen snow- there is so much more to said about the aura it creates and yet it leaves me dumbfounded but you- you write about it and make it seem so right and make the creating of the vision seem so effortless. Amazing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Unicorns are .lucky and magical, may miracles and happiness come your way beneath the full moon.
Lovely poem, Shelly

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is absolutely stunning, you created such a vibrate image of a fantasy encounter... Happy New Year :-)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

oh man. I absolutely LOVE unicorns and no one writes about them anymore. thank you - you made me all teary eyed and mushy with this post. Its beautiful and reminds me of a time when I actually could close my eyes and dream.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I woke up this morning with the words 'miracles' and 'magic' in my head and wanting to do something with them. Now I know why I haven't been successful yet -- I was being directed here to your poem, just when I needed to find it.

A childlike innocence and patience exudes from your words, Laura, and they are so refreshing. I feel there's a promise here -- I hope of miracles and magic for you, and for all this troubled world -- and you've captured its possibilities beautifully.

Thanks for this, and prayers and blessings!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This was beautifully rendered and full of magic and hope. T

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Laura - this is stunning! I love the magical feel to it, it's dreamlike and so precious and special. The innocent wonder of this left me breathless. Wonderful piece! Happy New year to you!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Interesting! So elegent, yet with a touch of sadness.....

Still, it rings in your mind even after you've read it. Very good!

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Magical inspiration in this well written poem, my friend. I enjoyed the lyrical rhythm and rhyme. We all have the opportunity to recreate ourselves when the New Year begins. The unicorn helped facilitate your rebirth! Lovely! Lydia

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Oh, thank you for your well wishes and for this lovely tale of magic; so beautifully penned, flawlessly rhymed, and completely touching as well. Just wonderful. May 2008 be your best year yet!!!
Much love~~

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

And the same back to you. Lovely refreshing poem.
Small typo in last line of 3rd stanza..knew instead of new?
I loved the Unicorn..we never see many poems about them...great work...


Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

992 Views
56 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on June 12, 2009

Author

BrightEyes
BrightEyes

PA



About
This is not my favorite Frost poem, but it is my first Frost poem. Dropped within another book I was reading at age 9, I never forgot it. While I wrote short stories at the time, it was my inspirati.. more..

Writing
Every Day Every Day

A Poem by BrightEyes



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Seed The Seed

A Poem by Dezaraye