PERFECTion

PERFECTion

A Story by C.J.G.
"

One of my bursts of thought...

"

If only it was acceptable to not be perfect. Perfection is the act of flawlessness. But really, isn’t this just completely hypocritical of people? It is preached that character is the trait that defines your standing, how well you are liked, but I thought character is who you are when no ones around. Does that add up? That sounds like a fantasy to me. Because, in this world, it seems that character is defined by how well you can apply make-up and how well you can put together an outfit and just how good of an actor you are because, it seems, it’s all an act. Is having the ability to do all this flawlessness?  How can we really ever know everyone if a smile blinds you from seeing who he or she really is? 

© 2010 C.J.G.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow. This is deep and true. Full of emotion. People act as if they are perfect and how everybody else can never compete to their level, but your right, it is all fakeness. Little do those people know, fake is not perfection.

I like your views. You seem like a very honest person. :]

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

As much as I'd love to agree, I think you have a few points slightly misconcepted. Character is not who you are when others aren't around - it's who you are regardless of who is or isn't around you, character is who you perceive yourself to be - not necessarily who you are.

You show character when you do something worthy of recognition - such as doing the honourable, the courageous, or even something silly. It's being able to demonstrate personal traits within an action. It shows character. You can show that character with out actually giving away the true depths of your soul.

And you used "hypocritical", but to expect perfection is not hypocritical unless you yourself do not feel the need to be perfect. However, if you show to others that you expect them to be flawless just the SAME as you expect of yourself than It's not hypocrisy, it's just you're personal expectations. Perfection isn't unachievable. Regardless, you can't expect so much of someone else and not the same for yourself.

I think it seems very highschool that you're referring to physical appearances, the concept of perfection and flawlessness goes outside into the real world also. Employer's expecting nothing less than perfection, individuals themselves pushing their body's and minds to the limit to achieve perfection.

I think you should have thought this out a little more, but it was an interesting concept.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wonderfully expressed. Perfection really is an illusion. The betterment of one's self should have no destination, and should always be progressive. Candy is right, this indeed rocks, lol.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Fabulous stuff! I love the way it builds n' builds up to the "it seems that character is defined by" section, which is OUTRAGEOUSLY well composed! Feels like a poem n' it could definitely be a song, but whatever you call it, this ROCKS! ㋡

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. This is deep and true. Full of emotion. People act as if they are perfect and how everybody else can never compete to their level, but your right, it is all fakeness. Little do those people know, fake is not perfection.

I like your views. You seem like a very honest person. :]

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

394 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2010
Last Updated on April 10, 2010
Tags: reality, perfection, perfect

Author

C.J.G.
C.J.G.

NY



About
Just trying to meaning in a meaningless world. more..

Writing
Underbelly Underbelly

A Poem by C.J.G.


Caves cave Caves cave

A Poem by C.J.G.


Lay Lay

A Poem by C.J.G.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Ladder The Ladder

A Poem by A.Lee