Last glimpse

Last glimpse

A Story by Carissa Marie

"Close your eyes" He whispered. As he went around my back and put a blindfold to my eyes. 
"No peeking" He warned. He holds out his hand and starts guiding me to where the magic would start to happen.

The walk was short. I felt my hands started to sweat and my whole body filled with tension. 
He kissed my cheeks and left me waiting where I stood. I waited for him but not very long. 
Eventually, I felt him coming up behind me. He gave me a quick hug and started undoing my blindfold. 

"Keep your eyes closed after I take off your blindfold" He said. 
"Why?" I asked.
"Just keep them closed" he said gently and gave me another kiss.
"Okay" I sighed. 

He gently took off my blindfold and I kept my eyes closed just as I was told. 
He positioned me to a spot and I could feel him suddenly become nervous. 

"Open your eyes now" he whispered. 

And as I did, I saw the most beautiful scene in the world. 
I was in a garden filled with fireflies. It was such a magnificent view. 
I remained where I stood, trying to convince myself that this is all real.

"How did you--" I managed to say after what felt like eternity.
"You like it?" He asked nervously.
"I do. But how did you--" I answered. Still dumbfounded. 
"Its for you" He said. 
"For me?" was all I could say.
"Yeah. I love you so much Jesse" he said. 
"I love you too, Angel" I answered as my heart went off to where his heart is.


"But all of it is in the past now" I sighed as I remembered the day he took my heart away.
I look up to where I saw him standing. Smiling to the girl beside him.
He looks blissfully happy as he puts a ring to her hand. 
"I promise to love and cherish you for the rest of my life til the day the moon starts shining by day 
and the sun starts glimmering at night." He said to the woman beside him. Loud and clear for all of us, especially me to hear.
It broke my heart to see them standing there. Side by side. Exchanging vows. Sharing the love that was supposed to be mine. And used to be mine a long time ago. 
That should have been me. I thought. I continued watching the painful scene even though it hurts.
I felt tears starting to form from eyes. I closed my eyes when I saw them start to kiss. It's too much to bear. 
But I know that I can't do anything about it now. 
I stood up and started to walk away. But before I could even walk out the door, I heard the words that broke my heart beyond repair. 
"I love you Maggie" he said.
"I love you too Angel" she answered.
I felt my soul leaving my body and felt the reality of my memories slip away. Tears starts falling as I ran away
from from the pain.  And in a blurry moment of my heartbreak, I looked back and saw my bestfriend together with the man I love, catch a last glimpse of me. 

© 2013 Carissa Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Some of your tenses are mixed in the same sentences. Try and stay consistent. Other than that I enjoyed the story. The emotions are very much alive in it. The twist of the best friend was good, since it was bad enough she lost the love of her life.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
1 Review
Added on July 7, 2013
Last Updated on August 7, 2013

Author

Carissa Marie
Carissa Marie

About
21. Female. AB Journalism. Philippines. :) Introvert. Weird. Over-thinker. Music lover. Bookworm. Frustrated Artist. Writing is my therapy. "Let my words be your own form of immortality" .. more..

Writing