Sucks to have a heart

Sucks to have a heart

A Poem by Ama May Cooper
"

Just somethign very short i wrote after being somewhat reminded of an old wound, adding insult to my romantic injurys

"
Sucks to have heart.. 
to fall head over heels and cut your knee's
.. atleast i stopped myself before I  plunged into the pool and drowned 

Sucks to have a heart.. to feel like.. to feel love.. to fall apart..

© 2010 Ama May Cooper


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I know how you feel. Hearts are so precious and so fragile, but you have to hurt a few times so that when you find someone special you really aren't afraid of that happening. The way I see it, the hurt is worth it if you enjoyed the time you had together. Hurt is natural and yes it sucks... I like how you say you stopped yourself before you drowned. I drowned once for a guy that never liked me in the first place... So powerful piece! A double edged sword that we all fight with. Great job :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thats great , I am in love with short poems :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


AMEN!

Posted 13 Years Ago


A two sided coin. We can hope and dream of love. Or do our best to make the right decisions. A very good poem with too much sadness. Love is the best and worst days in a life. I like the ending. I believe us old people need to walk slow and easy into love. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is pretty profound. I think that you will do so much better than I as you have discovered this truth so much earlier in life than I did. Love is an illusion ... merely lust wrapped in insincere words. St. Paul defined love in his words to the ancient Corinthians and that truth has not changed ... but mankind has. Unlike the love that St. Paul defined ... we "seek our own."

Sigh

Posted 14 Years Ago


I totally agree but we might say the opposite if we didn't have a heart. Makes one think.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this one. Its a great short poem. I especially like the ending "To feel like.. to feel love.. to fall apart..." Excellent job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh, I know how this is... and it is rather terrible.
And though it does suck, and it does hurt... I think it's beneficial to hurt it a good few times, so that whenever we find -real- love, we can know it for what it is.
Plus, it's that falling that makes us human~ And we can't help but be what we are. :]
This is a great poem!

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow this was awesome! short poems always seem to have a greater effect on emotions! well done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great write. Short, sweet, and to the point and still full of emotion and truth. Love it.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

488 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 2, 2010
Last Updated on March 2, 2010

Author

Ama May Cooper
Ama May Cooper

London, south west, United Kingdom



About
Name: Ama may cooper Current age(when joined):16 Sex: female Age now: 27 I am merely a being, treading softly on these foreign lands. I am no great individual, no wise king or beautiful temptres.. more..

Writing
... ...

A Story by Ama May Cooper


Leonis Leonis

A Story by Ama May Cooper



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


MUSIC MUSIC

A Poem by MissWordSmith


He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain