A Short Love Story

A Short Love Story

A Story by Dante

There once was a story that was passed through the lips of the broken hearted. A story so honest and heartfelt that it would shed a tear from the long departed. A man and a woman. A typical tale of love. Long nights by the fire caught in each other’s embrace. Words were not needed they spoke volumes with a simple gaze.  He loved her and she loved him and they were happy, for awhile. Like all Earthly things nothing is meant to last and like God’s image man and woman are flawed.  Blessed with a thing called a heart and cursed with a thing called life. Woman died of old age. Man cried and cried, he cried until his eyes glowed red and begged him to stop. He lived the remainder of his life in painful solitude. Every day remembering her touch, her scent, her death. When he could finally take it no longer he reached for a knife.  “I’m coming home Hon” he said as he pressed the blade through his chest.

© 2011 Dante


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice wording. Short, but explains it all with the right words in the least amount of sentences.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blessed with a thing called a heart and cursed with a thing called life.

Oh this was beautiful. Truly beautiful. So short and yet it manages to convey so much. great work =]


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 21, 2011
Last Updated on March 21, 2011

Author

Dante
Dante

Waukegan, IL



Writing
My Love My Love

A Poem by Dante